1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IDEAS FOR BUILDING A TRAP SHOOTING CART

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DEM36, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEM36

DEM36 Member

I just purchased a used three wheel Baby Jogger that I want to transform into a first class trap shooting cart. If you have done this, I would appreciate ideas on how/what to use at the nose of the cart for two barrels to rest in and who/how you bought/made the part to securely hold the receiver end of the guns.
    Thanks. Don Magruder, St. Louis, MO

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Here is mine that I made last summer just before the Grand. I bought the gun holders from Rugged Gear(link above) and backyard engineered the barrel end. The barrel end is basically a large PVC end cap with a soft rubber sleeve inside.
    grntitan_2009_2503222.jpg

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Step # 1

Pitch the baby.

Sorry,

Guy B

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I use a Rugged Gear cart. Just buy it and go. I didn't have time to make my own.

5. DEM36

DEM36 Member

THANKS, GRNTITAN! Are the Hook Assembly Mounts you used Rugged Gear's "Center Mount", #10781? Is that bolt long enough to go thru the handles or did you have to improvise? Don Magruder, St. Louis, MO

6. Twister7795

Twister7795 TS Member

I have a three wheeled stroller for sale if any one is looking for one.

7. grntitan

Don,

I believe that is the stock number I bought. I actually drilled holes thru the handle of the cart and welded a nut onto each side of the top of the handle. The gun mounts then screw into the nut. I don't think the threaded stud was quite long enough to go thru and put a nut on the other side. If I had to do it again, I'd buy the Part #40020(the ones that are $39.95) and you can bolt them right to the side of the bars anywhere you want. They are a little more expensive but a heck of a lot less work. Those prices are for a pair.

8. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Here is a picture of my latest. I will be riding it all summer and plan to take it to the Grand this year.
    Don

rennerize_2008_030325.jpg

9. grntitan

Wow Don, that's quite a step up from the one you had last year. Just add that fancy gun rack you built and your set.

10. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

this is the one im building

rollnblock_2008_030343.jpg

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

That rugged gear cart is a nice unit...I'd love to use one but haven't figured how to carry the 30" shop stool I sit on when shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rugged gear 40020