1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Idaho Youth Shoot update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Youth shoot at Melba Gun Club on Saturday Jan16th was a real success. Twenty nine shooters along with parents and grandparents showed up and even though it rained most of the day, most of them stuck it out. I don't believe I ever had more fun without actually shooting. Watching these kids shoot games and how competitive they were was priceless. We will definitely have more of these. Kids and parents were wanting to know when the next shoot would be held. We made very little money if any but it was well worth it. You Idaho folks watch our web page for more info and the next shoot date. The photo is of Ryan Stancil getting his meat prize
    [​IMG]

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

That is REALLY nice. Some of these kids and their families may not be able to afford to shoot much trap for many years, but they'll never forget the experience, and they'll be back for more. Awesome! Jennifer

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Hi Cuban,

Nice Job, my wife CalamitySJ and myself run a youth chain shoot in Minnesota that we started a couple years ago. This year we will shoot at 7 clubs around MN. I agree, I have never enjoyed a shoot more than with the youth shooting. when things go rightThere eyes and smiles say it all. We average around 30 youths per shoot and The Minnesota Trap Shooting Association helps us out with $$ for trophies and food.

We also have some donors step up to the plate with free rounds at clubs, free cases of shells and yes even a prize of a 10 round shoot card to the worst shooter of the day. Last year two of those cards went to 8 year olds. Those two boys shot in the mid 70's. Not bad considering the gun is a few inches shorter than they are. (Both shot 12 gauges) and were eager to shoot more.

We are fairly snow bound right now with the exception of league shooting and Jackpot shoots, but see many of our youth shooters names on various club postings and at our home Club in Buffalo, MN. Were excited for spring and for youth shooting to begin. If anyone wants more information on chain shoots please contact myself or CalamitySJ.

Cuban, keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Primedust aka: Coach aka: Mark Stevens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.