1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Idaho Walmart shell $$$

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Price in Boise as of today @ my local Walmart on STS just under $7.00

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

Gander Mountain
    A friend reported today that Top Guns are at $7 a box - totally ridiculous.

Don

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

A friend told me today that at Cabela's in Yuma Az that they just got a shipment of STS and AA in from Gander Mountain in Flossmor Ga that had purchased them from Bass Pro out of Salt Lake City who got them from Wal-Mart in Boston and that the current price on them was $1.99 a flat for anyone who wanted them ...

Just what the heck does it matter what shells are now going for at some place here or there? Everyone knew the prices were going up! Everyone knew they should stock up! The question is what does it matter and why didn't you get some last week?

4. BMC

BMC Member

Went down to visit the GF at lunch at WM. STS and Win Target loads, $7.97 a box. Four packs, $23.88. They didn't get a price increase on the Federals (yet) so I cleaned them out of all the Feds at $3.88 a box.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

if shells hit $10.00 a box the ATA better go in the shot shell business to keep members

6. BMC

BMC Member

I've been pondering this one a bit. There was a 15 percent increase in price initiated by the manufacturers and passed onto the distributors. Remember the topic about it at the first of September when said increase was to take effect, and then another one was supposed to take effect the beginning of January. WM buys in such bulk that it just now increased the prices of the shells. But the increase was roughly $2 per box across the board. Unless my math is all jacked up, a $4 box of shells would be in the neighborhood of .60 more per box at 15 percent. The price of the shells increased pretty much equally across the board, regardless if they were $4 or $6 a box. Either this hike is an inflated combination of the anticipated hike and the one that was to have taken place in September, or WM is just now catching on to having the cheapest costs on shells and someone in the chain of command decided they needed raise their prices to be closer to the gun shops and other big chain retailers.
    I'm curious if BP, GM, Dicks and other popular major chains that sell shells have increased their prices, or plan to. Or if this increase will be isolated to just WM.

7. bkms

bkms Member

Our wallyworld shells went up as follows, Win AA box 27%, Win value pack 47%,
    STS/Nitro 11%, the remington and federal value packs did not increase but probably will next week. These shells have been sitting on the shelves for awhile now due to no demand for clay target shooting around here. You would of thought the price would of stayed the same till the next shipment. I went to all 3 local walmarts recently and bought all the AA sporting 12ga loads at $5.97 cause i knew they would go up. But, between the three stores they only had 45 boxes. Maybe we can get a break on lead prices in the future and they will go back down. Our local sporting good store has seen the price increase too, and he is tired of hearing customers gripe about bullet prices. So he posted letters from remington and federal on the wall and points to them when they complain. Bob...

8. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Yo BMC, What part of the world are ya shopping in? I am a ret RMC in SOCAL and will be hitting the WM down here early in the AM..lb

9. BMC

BMC Member

Hey Chief, Corona area. My GF and her manager run the departments. The manager of the department today said she only raised the price on the four packs and wasn't going to raise the price on the single boxes until one hour before she had to leave today...she said she didn't want to be around when her regular customers complained when they say the new prices..lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.