1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Idaho State Shoot Results?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pocatello, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Jim Ripley, ISTA President and Senior Vet, won the doubles with a lone 99. Mike Stears won the singles with 200. There was one other shooter I did not know who also had a 200. I refereed the shootoff, which Mike won in one extra round, 25 to 24. Mike has now won the Singles once, and Handicap, Doubles, HAA, and HOA twice each. The handicap was not completed when I left for home, but I heard later that four tied with 97, and the shootoff went one extra round. Perhaps someone else can supply details.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Go Rip, nice job Jim

3. creamfrog

creamfrog TS Member

Unfortunately, the current board of directors at the Boise Gun club (BGC) has no idea the internet even exists. Its a shame that unless you attended the shoot, you have no idea of who won what events. The feeling I got was that they're really not interested in getting any new shooters to come to their club or take any interest in shooting there. I also noticed that the sporting clays were no longer available there. For new shooters like myself, that was by far the best the BGC had to offer.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

creamfrog - I a gree it suree looks like they don't care but they do have a new board and the talk is they do care. I feel that they just do not know how to run a club and it is for sure they are not computer people. Their website sucks. It is a real shame that such a nice facility is being wasted. As far as the sporting clays, thats another story. The talk is there was some money missing??? I certainly do not know the facts but they have had their share of dishonesty. I live minutes away and dont go there much

5. creamfrog

creamfrog TS Member

Cigarman: I agree with most of the points you brought up; however, this board is NOT new since they've been in office since August 2009 and only have 2 months of their term remaining. It seems they only want to have the same "old" shooters out there and have really made any new shooter that darkens their doorway feel totally unwelcome.

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Congrats to Mike Stears on his win. When I first started shooting with Mike way back, he didn't even like singles. Now, he is a target grinder.

Larry you have a PM.

Rick in Mt.

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Creamfrog, have you ever helped to run a major trap shoot like a State Shoot? It takes a lot of time and energy, both before and after, and posting results on the internet may not be a high priority. That is especially true for those of us who don't have the computer skills to do it easily. As for sporting clays, I walked the line from end to end every day more than once helping to set targets, and did not see any machines to throw clays, nor even any interesting locations to present targets. There are other locations in the Treasure Valley that offer sporting clays. I suspect the Boise club has decided to concentrate their time and funds on what they have, and not dabble in what they don't have.

8. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Is Matt March still shooting trap in Idaho? He is a friend of mine when we both lived back east........Thanks.............Pete

9. ROGER A.

ROGER A. TS Member

MATT HAS NOT SHOT REGISTERED FOR YEARS THAT I KNOW OF, BUT HE WAS OUT TO THE CLUB ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON TO DO THE CALCUTTA AFTER THE SHOOTOFFS AND THE STATE MEETING

10. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Thanks Roger. Please tell Matt that Pete LaBella from Colorado/New York, said hello. Matt was an all american shooter back east & a great guy.....Pete

11. Mark Kurruk

Mark Kurruk Member

Here are some more stats from the state shoot.
    Mike Miller was the other 200 in the main singles, Mike Stears won Champion Runner-up in the main doubles over Randy Corder and Rich Bullard was high out of state with 98. Chad Sorensen won out of state singles with 199. David Poseley was the Handicap Champion with a 97 and a shoot off win over John Fulghum, Dennis Dursteler and Kent Harris. Jason Heitstuman of Washington had the highest score of 99. Mike Stears won High All Around and Stu Welton won High Overall. Ted Schlecht had the only 100 straight in the first singles, Bob Kelly won the first handicap with 93 (very windy day!), Danny Williams and Mark Barnard each had 99 in the prelim doubles with Danny the winner. Ralph Keeny won the Memorial Handicap on Saturday with 97 and Mike Rinard had a 99 in Sundays handicap.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

idaho state shoot results