1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IA police chief mails anti-gun stickers to busines

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Interesting- this is a reaction to the right to carry law that was passed.

If a buisness owner doesnt want firearms in his or her place they must have the buisness posted and then the remedy is usually to ask the person to leave- and if they dont it is criminal trespass- now there are exceptions and if a town has an ordinance than just the posting may suffice.

What was the story about someone stiffing Grafs?

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to live in a county where the Sheriff gave out permits. There were counties in Iowa where the Sheriff would absolutely not give a permit. This law at least gives everyone a chance to get a permit. There are some parts of the law I don't agree with but you'll have that on most legislation. But one part I do agree with is the business owner having the right to ban concealed weapons from his property.

Another point I'd like to make is the effects of posting peoples names all over the Internet. As you can see now even the towns police chief is getting blasted. On the other thread there were comments about gun clubs in Iowa. There is no doubt that Grafs should get their money, but like I said before there should have been some business ethics involved also. So tell me, how does this sort of behavior get his money???????

Bill

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is there a thread about the Grafs issue? If not-what is the story?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. rd

rd TS Member

In Colorado, Rocky Mountain Gunowners provides business cards for members to hand out to businesses that prohibit carry that say they will not spend any money in that business. They also have a list of such businesses on their website. It has caused some businesses to change their policy.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Gene, where have been for the past 2 months? Just scroll down the threads until you come to one with over 25,000 hits. P.S. barry is the name that obama used to use when he was in school.

7. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Gene, Read the thread titled "MO handicap winner writes bad check" Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.