1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Tonight I had to go out and buy some stamps at the post office, so I could mail in my estimated quarterly taxes due tomorrow.

Well anyway since I was out I decided to stop in at the Wally World nearby and pick up a few 4 packs of shells so I could shoot this weekend, and a couple of other things.

Wow! What an eye opener! I thought I was in another country. EVERYBODY seemed to have a cell phone to their ear, and everybody was speaking a different language. Are all these Wally world shoppers that damn important they can't get away from the phone for a half an hour and do their shopping?

I started people watching, and I thought what a bunch of freaks. The temp today was in the mid nineties with a humidity level to match, and the kid next to me in the isle is wearing a long sleeve sweat shirt with a hood over his head like it is below zero. Weirdo, freak, I thought. His buddy with him was probably 14, bleached blonde hair, with a tattoo 3 ot 4 inches wide that started on his ear and ran down his throat into his shirt. I was thinking "that is going to look real good when you apply for a job, with somebody like IBM, or P&G........."

Kids screaming, people cussing out loud - f you, mf, gd, cs

Got in the checkout line and just watched. I thought how in the he*l did this country get so out of wack, and how is it going to survive with all these weirdoes. Then it hit me, this is the face of the new America. They aren't the freaks or weirdoes. I am! I'm the one whom is out of touch!! I had almost nothing in common with them except I was at Wally World with them. They can't be all wrong, I'm the oddball.

I mentally made a list of how I was different than the majority.

I spoke English

I don't have any tattoos

Don't have a ring in my nose, eyebrow, tongue, top of the ear

Don't curse in public, I know the letters "mother" constitutes a whole word and not just a half word.

I don't dress like an Eskimo when the temp is in the mid nineties

My mother only had children by one man, not 3 or 4 which seems to be the norm today

I don't think tapping somebody in the back with your shopping cart will make the line go faster like the lady behind me believes.

Paid cash for my items and only had to be rung up once, unlike the lady in front of me who had to separate her items and ring em up, most went on EBT and the beer she paid for with cash. Must be nice to have an EBT card so you can have some other sucker pay for your groceries so you can spend your money on cell phones for your 2 kids that were yapping on em!!

I'm a freak.

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I'm the freak!

Good one, Bisi. You described it perfectly.

BB

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

And you wonder how Obami got elected??????

Check it out:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mash the Link Above!

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Now now...how prejudicial; I was in Denny's last Friday in Joshua Tree, California. The people there in the early afternoon looked so much like the people of Wal-Mart. I can't figure out why, exactly. It was an emergency to get something to eat. Food not so bad, but the cook forgot to prepare my order and all four of us had to wait an extra 15 minutes. Perhaps some of the employees there are dyslexic? I was particularly amused by two young ladies that appeared to stand about 5 feet two inches and looked like they weighed over 200 lbs. EACH. I noted that those two ordered some pretty big meals with all the trimmings and were so happy to have sourced a shower curtain rod that they were carrying. I think they purchased that GREEN designer series shower rod at a nearby Wal-Mart.

One elderly man, I assume he was a veteran (due to some stickers on the power scooter and an American flag decal), "drove" into the resturant on his electric power scooter. He spent a lot of time reaching for some lever on the lower left side of the scooter. I went over to help him. He said that he appreciated my offer of help, but he had just finished putting the scooter in neutral so that the "kids" that come into that Denny's would not have a chance to move his scooter when they tried to play with it. He meant "kids", not delinquents, but children running wild. The elderly man was spry given the likelihood of some bad injuries; he stood up and slowly limped to a booth.

The waitress called each one of us "hon" and had to be prompted to refill my coffee cup on several occasions. The two ladies who bought the shower curtain rod were noted to get into a white Corolla with one red fender. "Only in America"...It occured to me, after this mealtime of people watching, that food stamps can be cut back in number IF a red playground ball (Made in China) is included with the next issuance. Better a red ball to entertain than junkfood and the soaps. Might save "the" taxpayer a few bucks re. less heart attack care to pay for and a little less food to pay for. If only those proposed red rubber balls will find use called in a game called "throw, run, and catch"...

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bisi, you're not a freak. You are now the non-conformist.

All these others thinking they are non-conformist are actually conforming to all the latest fads. They're the ones who are pro-establishment now.

How ironic.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Chango2,

There's a Denny's in Joshua Tree? Man it's been a long time since I was out there. When I was last there in '91, Joshua Tree was just a wide spot in the road on the way to Yucca Vally.

ss