1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I Wish I Had a 1939 Ford

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rebel Sympathy, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Back in the 1970's I used to have a '39 Ford DeLuxe. I think about it often and I sure miss that old thing with its 85 hp flathead V-8. It was a neat old car - and attractive also.
    Mike

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I liked th 40 better, the grille and tail lights. A pal put a Rocket 88 motor in one, Hang on!

HM

3. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

I always like the looks of the 39-40 Plymouth Coupe also. My Dad had one, but that was before I was thought of. 39-40 Ford excellent also. I can dream about having one anyway.

4. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    My family has a '40 Ford Deluxe coup, all original and working including the factory radio. It was my father's until his death 3 years ago. It is on it's 2nd set of tires, and has the original set in the trunk. The previous owner, who put almost all of it's 60000 or so miles on it, kept a log each time he drove it, starting and ending milage, destination, etc. and I think that is still in the glove box. It's in San Diego and will be sold one of these days. Very cool car!

5. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

How bout a 39 Pickup?

trapdady_2008_0303.jpg

6. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Oh man, that's just way too cool of a pick up truck. You probably haul gravel and rocks n stuff in it, right?

7. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Ahhhhh . . . Nope

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Back in the 70s I had a Nova SS that I wish I still had. :-( We have a Model T that's in pretty good shape. It's sitting in our garage.

9. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Curvy,

A FEMALE GEARHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.(nothing wrong with that)

Sandy Holehouse.

10. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

39 Standard Coupe is the best looking.

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The three, IMO very subjective opinions on the most iconic hot rods:

Any '32 Ford.

Any '40 DeLuxe Ford, PU or not.

Any '55 Chevy.

and that's it...except for maybe a Lowey '53 Studebaker Coupe with a Bonneville look...but that's a stretch.

I'm stubborn and reactionary about hot rods.

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I miss my '57 T-Bird. It was customized and had a continental kit among other things. I sold it and used the monet to but a house.

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Chango, My dream car was and still is a 55 chevy preferably a convertible. I saw a 53 commander coupe dressed in black this past week and it was cherry. I drooled all over it. One of my friends and I put a 327 in his back in the early 60's. I was 13 and he was 18 and I was thrilled to be able to work on it and then when we took it out for a test ride we passed a deputy sheriff. Don't know how fast we were going as the speedometer wasn't hooked up and of course it didn't have a tag yet. The sheriff told us to get a tag and slow that thing down. LOL (That was a long time ago) Jackie B.

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

My dad had a 39 ford sedan as a work car. It had a floor shift and a toggle switch as well as a key ignition. It was black with a kind of purple colored dashboard and window trim. It smelled dusty all the time inside.
    I would spin the wheels when the folks would leave for the weekend on the gravel road a block south of our house. My sisters finally ratted me out though.

15. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Back in 1957, I borrowed $250 from my Father and bought a 1932 Ford 5-window coupe, model B, 4 cyl. Next time you see my Wife (girlfriend at that time)ask her about the roof leaking when it rained. That is one of the 15 or 20 cars that I owned before I was 20 that I wish to hell that I still owned, like several Model As including a station wagon, 36 Ford coupe, 36 Chev coupe, several 40 Fords, Mint 27 Buick, rare 42 Pontiac. Oh Well!! Larry Evans

16. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I wish I still had my:
    53 Pontiac 2 door Hardtop Straight 8
    59 Pontiac Catalina 2 door Hardtop
    60 Chevy 2 door Hardtop 348
    65 Mustang Hi Po 289
    67 Charger (original Hemi Car)
    70 Torino 428 Cobra Jet

Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. atashtr

atashtr Member

39 ford std for sale needs restored 4000.00 740 967 5373

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

My '62 Impala Convertible, 409 with a B/W 4 spd.

Curt

19. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

My 68 Charger R/T 440 car. Silver with black interior. Came from Richard Petty Enteprises. Birdtracker

20. hoot619

hoot619 Member

My first car was a 37 Plymouth 2 door if it rained in the next county it wouldn't start. I always had trouble starting it during the week found out later . My brothers would give me a shove and it would fire up they always would help with no bitching.---- they had been using the darn starter to make it go up and down the driveway. Still miss it $49 dollar special from my great uncle and he threw in a 10 gauge rem double spur hammers sawed off but legal length. Still have it, can pattern a car at 20 yards or so. I haven't shot it since the 60's. KEN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.