1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I want you to pay my insurance.....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Aug 2, 2013.

1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Must be a GREAT deal if the slimes in congress are exempt from it,,,,,,,guess they are just better than me......

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bread and Circuses

3. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Quote: "The Office of Personnel Management, under heavy pressure from Capitol Hill, will issue a ruling that says the government can continue to make a contribution to the health care premiums of members of Congress and their aides, according to several Hill sources."

Don't you just LOVE the line about how "...the GOVERNMENT can continue to make a contribution"
    Soooo...YOUR taxes will be paying for their exemption from the program you are forced into...???
    Who the heck do they think "the government" is afterall...??? Some rich guy who is apparently accountable to NOBODY..???

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Damnit Don, you answered your own question! My wife is a civil servant and is under sequester. (sp) Mandatory one day reduction in the work week, well work load has to be met, so she is required to work overtime to make up for the day lost, only thing is, it cannot be worked on the sequester day, which for her is Fridays, So here it is Sat and she is making overtime. You have to know there is no saving in this scenario, or lost wage on her part. Also IRS employees are not affected by the Sequester. Did we really elect those morons in DC? Jake

5. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Its time for all of us to demand our representatives slash the IRS budget by at least fifty percent for numerous and obvious reasons. ed nichols

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Jake...
    THAT story hasn't made it to the "Big Media" programs yet...and frankly, I doubt that it will..!!!!
    Can't speak for you, or anyone else..but for my part, I put in a lot of time, energy, and a modest amount of cash in an attempt to prevent the current gang of thugs and crooks from being there. Sadly...I was seriously OUTSPENT by BIG LABOR...and the media myrmidons of the left.
    We are soooooo....screwed.

7. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I got a letter from my health insurance company last week, that I will be able to keep my health insurance under ObamaCare, because mine was grandfathered in. The grandfather date is March 23, 2010. I guess the next letter I get will be the latest rate increase because of ObamaCare.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Charlie,,,,,you should be excited as your premiums will "go down an average of
    $2,500".......

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

bigdogtx- it must be hot where you are. LOL.