1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to buy a TM-1 stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Nothing special need except not left-handed, though an adjustable comb would be a plus; low $$ a second plus.

Neil

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

You have a PM.

3. Neil Winston

Thanks, everyone. I've got one now - two, actually.

Neil

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Ut-Oh, Neils got a new rasp, wood weasel, gun or a plan? :) Hap

5. Neil Winston

Hap, I've got a friend with a 303 who wants to try something else and a TM-1 (two barrels, one with a sought-after NMW choke - with a stock that's always pounded me, though I shot the best 27 score with it I've ever done, just a 98 though. A couple of posters here have set me up with replacements which may either fit my friend or help me figure out why I can't stand to shoot the TM-1 for more than a couple of hundred shots every few years. The files are sharp, the Acra-glass gel all set out, and the evenings long now that TV has gotten to be the "vast wasteland" FCC Commissioner Newton Minnow warned us about so long ago there's not much left to do once the sun is down.

I've got the MX-2000 pretty-well shooting where I want it to; time for a new project.

Neil

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I know what you mean with the TM-1s. I bought mine in the early 80s and after shooting four rounds through it, I bought this Carrey sliding comb stock for it. I also added some extra weight which also helps tame the felt recoil. Best thing I could have added in order to shoot this gun and have for about 25 years now.

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view┬Ąt=8-20Pics087.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

As set up, I'm restricted to mostly one ounce loads due to old neck and back problems. Without this type of stock, I'd have to reduce my shooting even more.

Add some weight in your quest, it helps in addition to a good fitting stock. Hap

Best of luck in the project!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.