1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to buy 2 trap guns.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brad Roberts, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Roberts

Brad Roberts TS Member

I have twin sons who just turned 15 and want to start shooting more trap. We've shot some trap over the years with a hand puller but now they are at a high school that has a trap team and they are interested in joining. I would like to buy a trap gun for each of them. I don't want anything too high-end but I was thinking maybe a couple of over-unders (Browning, SKB, ) with the high ribs and monte calro stalk. I am very open to other guns as well. I am new to the trap shooting scene. I can pay cash or I also have several guns to use as partial payment. I have a Browing A-5, Benelli Montefeltro, Benelli SBE1 (camo) and a few other shotguns that I would be willing to trade. I live in Marion, Iowa and would drive a reasonable ways to do a transaction. Otherwise, I will pay for shipping to my FFL dealer here in town. Please send me an email at cwbcdad@yahoo.com or call me at 319-360-2286. Thanks, Brad

2. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

High school trapshooting team in marion?? LinnMar ?? I went to schools in Cedar Rapids, Never had trapshooting in High School,, Kudos to the person who is sponsering that,

Good to see safe proper use of guns promoted at a school level..

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Brad,
    You have mail.
    Mike Battista

4. Browning30

Browning30 TS Member

I have a Browning BT-99 for sale if you are interested e-mail me.-Lucas

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Brad, your are close to Otter Creek Gun Club in Cedar Rapids. If you go over there on Sunday, you will see a zone shoot and there will be a lot of shooters there.

Just start talking to some of them and I'm sure someone will have some guns for sale or know someone who does.

I plan on being there if it isn't raining cats and dogs.

Look me up! A lot of the local shooters from Otter Creek know me by sign on name that I use here.

Good Luck!

Oh, did I say, Otter Creek is a heck of a place to shoot. Great Club!

Hauxfan!

6. mike T

mike T Member

Brad,
    I agree with what Hauxfan says.
    You might think about 1100's then go have them fitted to your boys. With 1100s they can shoot all the programs. And you will have cash left over for shells, reloader, components, chokes tubes, etc. Nothing wrong with Browning XT's o/u. Both are great guns and will last your boys their lifetimes. I would look for guns that they could shoot singles, doubles, and handicap. If you don't you will be buying 4 guns instead of 2. "Look out for the man who shoots only one gun" Also check out Ottercreek for lessons from Harlan Cambpell jr. I think he maybe scheduled to be there this summer. Ask "Beerking" he is the guy with the knowledge.

Good luck and welcome to the shooting world
    Mike Thimmesch
    Burlington

p.s.

7. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I have a 1988 BT-99 that is as new as you can get shot less than 200 tines box paperwork etc.. Email for details and photos and good luck with those kids. JimW

8. Murphy

Murphy Member

Get them Wingmaster 870 trap, great gun , good price

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 stalks for sale