1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to be known for

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

When I am gone I want to be known for trying to get trap shooting back to what it used to be 3 hole targets 50-52 yard targets, and shells to be 1200 fps max speed. All Lewis classes to be 50/30/20 not high gun, the 25s 60/40 and the 50s to be 50/30/20 no hi gun payouts in registered shooting. Wolf Pures to pay 4 places 40/30/20/10. Do away with newly enacted classes like sub-vet, Lady class 1 and Lady class 2 classes like they were in the 1970s. But with the addition of mandatory yardage reductions if you cannot maintain a 90% average, Reduction of target requirements for a permanaent card 500 targets in each discipline.

DO away with shooting in several states and zones for consideration for All American Team, to be decided strictly by average in the singles, handicap and doubles combined average.

Have a Mens 1st team and 2nd team, a Ladies 1st team and 2nd team the same for the Junior 1st and 2nd team and sub junior 1st and 2nd team. these kids are Trapshootings future.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. 548

548 Guest

I don't disagree with anything you just posted.

3. Hawgduo

Hawgduo Member

Fortunately longsmoke up your ass you'll be remembered for all the dumb posts on ts. You could only wish to be remembered for anything else substantial.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

So....you'd do a government number on trap shooting? Spread the wealth, regulate who could win and how much, not to mention an affirmative action style approach? You'd enact mandated limits on where you could shoot? They only thing you've left out is the regulated price of targets and how much insurance you be forced to buy or otherwise be fined.

Yeah....you'd be remembered.

5. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Dr Longwind,

Please tell us how you are trying to get this done..

Did you run for the BOD at your local club??

Did you run for the BOD of your state??

Did you run for Delegate of your state??

Have you shown solid facts (not just expressed your opinion on the porch of a gun club) to any club or board that returning to what you believe is the way to grow the sport. Have you gotten any club in your area to change to the setting you suggest and see what the shooters think about it???

Whining on TS.com is NOT the way to get anything changed in the ATA. If you want to be remembered for trying to do these things then I suggest you get off your post side and get involved in the real process.

6. white rattler

white rattler Member

I can't wait for you to go! Trevor Dawe

7. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

I have no problems with it. Good Shooting

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

This thread has REAL potential!!!!! Where's Gammie when you need him? BIGDON is probably on your squad Trevor;) At least Jerry was serious.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Read the results of Phil Kiner's survey.

10. SlowArrow

SlowArrow Member

Funny......when I'm gone I'd hope to be known as a guy who loved his family, cared for his friends, helped those in need, was friendly to strangers - in general lived a life that honored the God he believed in.

I'd be sad if this game were mentioned as a significant part of the memory of my life other than what it exposed about my character. I'd hope this thread was just a way to for you to try and make your point Doc.

Mike

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Trapshooting (like all other hobbies) is merely a game played mostly by older boys with expensive toys....

Curt

12. running bear

running bear Member

It's sad he only wants to be remember for bad mouthing the ATA.

Buck

13. Al391brown

Al391brown Member

I have to agree with hawgduo! Longsmoke, you should stop inhaling powder fumes. Your posts keep getting worse. For the rest of you who agree with long smoke you can go ahead and form your own little group and shoot from the parking lots, or at a distance of 50 yards,( just don't shoot my car) post your ATA # I'd like to view your accomplishments.

14. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Unfortunately you are going to be remembered as an arrogant blowhard who loves to pat himself on the back ...KS-OKIE.

15. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll ALL be remembered for how we talk to each other on TS.com. Mike

16. tonyabluhm

tonyabluhm TS Member

I will remember Gary as the man who visited my father when he broke his neck, when all others said "I thought about visiting you."
    :)

17. bigeoj

bigeoj Member

I'm with SlowArrow! Well said!! Joe

18. Dr.Longshot

Any of you that post against me are shooters that joined the ATA after 1984 when the targets were dumbed down and don't know what real Trapshooting is like.

I feel sorry for each and every one of you, wish you could have shot real Trapshooting Targets, and those of you whom are still working and can afford to shoot and not on Social Security bash me for not shooting as much registered targets as you.

I shot what I could afford and did extremely well on what I did shoot.

How many of you bashers ever broke a 100 in Handicap I did it from 24.5 yards, I am not bragging but when you do this on 3 hole 52 yard targets Bash away or remain silent, read my posts like others and learn something.

And those that have sent me PMs supporting me I thank you, and hope I have answered your questions since the time I joined this site.

If you have any questions on guns and gun fit and release or pull triggers or anything gun related PM me and I will answer your question or guide you to the correct area or persons.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. Dr.Longshot

And Flagarto I have tried to run as a delegate, when That did not happen I went to the ATA meeting at the grand and spoke to my delegate which was like talking to the wall, he did not want to start anytjing he wanted to be in line for Pre. and his gun.

Look at Neils post where he said I was the only one who spoke of an Idea.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Yes, Gary, you are almost alone among the restive here who took his efforts beyond the keyboard. But as I think back, I have to credit Phil Kiner with trying to do something and getting it done *, which is far more rare.

And,

Ron Bryant - your brother? - noticed an error in the way the ATA reduction computer program handled money punches and it was fixed in line with this comments.

Neil

* The return to the 18-yardline.