1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

'I Want Her to Decimate This Woman'

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Man, Chevy Chase is an idiot. His charity won't get a dime from me.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i35.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Videos/2008-09-15MSNBCMJChase.flv">

Want more fun look at the Hillary/ Biden post.

Jerbear

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Idiots like these can't die soon enough.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin stopped in Carson City NV this weekend for a short stump speech. Organizers were optimistic obout gathering a crowd of 'up to 2,000' for the event. More than 5,000 people turned out. Pretty much unheard of in this area. We are seeing a long overdue unification of mainstream USA.

I think Ms. Palin is pretty much unstoppable and could easily go head to head with the SNL gang or the Hollyweirdos. Those people are actors, not common people with common problems that are sick of their parasitic government. I do find it encouraging that the left wing is running so scared that they are actually trying to use a comedy show to eliminate their competition.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anyone who pays attention to the "Hollyweed" sect and their opinions is sorely misguided. I don't give a rats A$$ what they think. (Streisand, Serandon, Pam Anderson, Whoopi, Babwa WAWA on the "View" and that whole box of small thinking turd smokers) These people are actors, (bad ones) that spend most of their time pretending to be someone or something else. Why would anyone with an I Q above single digits place any value in what their constantly babbling bobble head has to say?

Sarah Palin has them so scared and confused the they don't know whether to scratch their watch or wind their ass.

SNL did a great job with the skit on Palin and Hitlery. I'd say it's destined
    to be one of the classics.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Another moron tree hugger! Doesn't have a clue

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerbear- Decimate? I really do not think so. To do that we would have to begin with 10 or her and then only kill one. That would leave nine. Now we only have one to pester us and your idea would give us eight more.

Pat Ireland

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Ah, Pat, you need to go look up the word. While it may not be typically used when referring to an individual it certainly is not unusual to hear that someone was "decimated" by cancer.

You definition is actually from the original which is seldom used today.

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

So by inferring that she isn't adequate for the job, is he actually saying that he is smarter than Palin? What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

9. KenC

KenC Member

Pat's definition of decimate is the same one I learned in Latin class a long, long time ago. Since then, the word has been miss-used so often that it has now, somehow, become the definition of 'total destruction'.

True 'Decimation' is the execution of 10% of a unit, OF YOUR OWN MEN, to make an example to the remaining 90%. It was supposed to encourage them to fight harder. It was last practiced by the French (go figure) during WWI.

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"It was last practiced by the French (go figure) during WWI."

You have a link for that?

11. Desert Hiker

Desert Hiker Member

What on earth can Chevy Chase do besides comedy and lately he has not been good at that. His career has been decimated. He needs to go back to his "Funny Farm", get a Henry and go plinking.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

First, decimate may mean - kill one in 10 of a group. Secondly, a less correct use of the term is to destroy a proportion of a group. In no case can it mean destroy all.

Also, I could not get the video to play-- I assumed from the title the woman in question is a wife of a former president. I have now come to realize that the video may relate to a possible future Vice President. If that is the case, I favor the step prior to decimation. That would be to have 10.

JBrooks- Simply because a word is commonly used incorrectly by many does not make the incorrect use of the word correct.

Pat Ireland

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Simply because a word is commonly used incorrectly by many does not make the incorrect use of the word correct."

At some point it does. That is why words acquire multiple definitions. If we believe "no man is an island", then I must assume that you aren't. :)

14. KenC

KenC Member

JBrooks,

Look up "Decimation" and "French Decimation" in Wikipedia

It was taught to me in my HS Latin class. The practice was introduced by the Romans. My Latin teacher at that time (1963) also mentioned that the French practiced this during WWI. Since then I have heard of and read references of how the French used decimation ("Paths of Glory" by Humphrey Cobb).

According to Wikipedia, the Soviets used decimation during the Battle of Stalingrad which is of course more recent than WWI. My apologies to the French, sort of. The Soviets also made a practice of shooting their repatriated POWs during WWII.

15. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Pat, not my words but Chevy's.

Jerbear

16. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

As George said, the left is angry. They are filled with hate. There is no other way to describe them. Especially their candidate.

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerbear- I understand.

JBrooks- Dec/i/mate-- dec can only mean 10 no matter how many times others use it incorrectly. That is why December is the tenth month, October has to be the eight month and November is the ninth month. That is what the words mean. I hope some politician like J. Cesar or the ATA Delegates didn't mess things up by adding two extra months.

Pat Ireland

18. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Ball Eater" Chase hasn't said anything intelligent that wasn't written by someone else in his entire life.

19. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Why besmearch the name of a worthy American auto company? Why not call this clown, "Zil" Chase after the unlamented Soviet auto. It was a piece of crap just like he is.

20. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

This thread is: EDIFYING
    (ejemplar, modélico, estimulante, instructivo, virtuoso exemplary, model, inspiring, instructive, virtuous)

I attended high school before Latin was made part of the curriculum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.