1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

I want a round egg

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I got up early these AM and headed to Wally World to purchase some oil so I can change oil in a vehicle today.

Across the parking lot was a Mickey Ds, so I decided I would just eat breakfast there then head home. Went in and placed my order about the same time another guy was at the counter. He was in his mid 50s wearing a "Harley" T shirt, had a big set of keys on a string/cable hanging from his side and the billfold with a chain on it. He ordered a number 1 combo - egg mcmuffin. He got his order and he unwrapped the mcmuffin, then he started complaining. He said - "I specified a round egg, I can't accepted this". The kid behind the counter didn't know what the heck to think. The next thing you know the manager is over there, they call the cook out to talk to the guy, etc...

I guess the egg on the mcmuffin was square/rectangle shape, that is the shape of the tray they cook the eggs in at Mickey Ds.

Well anyway to make a long story short the whole damn place came to a stop as they all gathered around to make this guy a round egg. The cook was there, the manager, the kid behind the counter......... The guy didn't like the foam cup they gave him either and they replaced it with plastic.

I guess it takes all kind. Damnest thing I've seen in a while. I want a round egg.
  2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sounds like the guy was a real piece of dog crap. He deserved a giant lugey on his freak'n "round" egg. JMHO
  3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Active Member

Round or square what difference does it make, they can't put the egg (or any patty for that matter) in the bun with out halve of it sticking out one side and nothing on the other.
  4. Barrelbulge(Pa)

Barrelbulge(Pa) Active Member

It all goes in one hole and comes out another no matter what shape. Mike.
  5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Chain drive wallet says it all! LOL Jeff
  6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi - you just haven't learned your lesson yet on the trips to Wally World, have you?

(Bet you ten bucks the a-hole finished eating, then headed over to Wal Mart looking for a soda fountain..."All the dime stores used to have soda fountains").
  7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Huh, the McDammits here still serve round eggs in the Egg McGreasy.
  8. bcnu

bcnu TS Member

We still have round eggs at house of clown here in Missouri. As a sidenote, I did stop in there last week and ordered a Big Mac. To my surprise when I opened it, lo and behold it was perfectly stacked. Looked exactly how they do in the pictures. So much so that I commented on it to my wife AND took a picture of it with my cell phone lol. I can document it if anyone really cares lol. First one in over 30 years of eating them. John
  9. chipking

chipking TS Member

If they are square they are the processed egg product prepared and cooked "somewhere" else and heated up for the sandwich or biscuit. The egg mc-muffin is the only one that has a real egg broken into a round guide and cooked fresh when the meal is ordered. I would have bitched to. If I wanted preprocessed egg product I would order the sausage and egg biscuit or the steak and egg bagel. But I get the oatmeal so it is never a problem.

Just my 2 pennies

--- Chip King ---
  10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Chip King, I'm not for sure what he ordered, it was some kind of egg sandwich. I know my "Big Breakfast" had a rectangle egg. It was spatula wide. It looks like the thing they cook the eggs in around here are rectangles and spatula wide for easy flipping.

All I know is he made a big deal out of wanting a "round egg" and the whole place came to a stand still while they figured a way to cook him one.

What is the difference? Round or square? Like someone said it goes in one end and comes out the other. LOL.

It happened 15plus hours ago and i'm still getting a kick out of it. So in a way the guy made my day. Gave me something to talk about anyway.

The guy was in his mid 50s. I could understand this if it was some 18 or 19 year old kid. I would chalk it up to being a "Frat Rat" pledge thing, but the guy was 50ish! Who knows maybe he was "prospect" trying to join the local motorcycle gang. LOL I would suspect they would have their pledges do less sophmoric things???????

Buzzy, thanks for reminding me this probably had something to do with Wally World. One of these days I will learn.
  11. 221

221 Active Member

This is just about par for the course, the site ninjas making fun of a guy that wants a real egg on his egg sandwich, and not some solution in a carton. Makes you wonder who's been ingesting too much chemicals in their diet.
  12. 391 shooter

391 shooter Active Member

Point is it is all "EGG", round, square, precooked reheated, or cooked right then, it's all egg. But, if what was advertised was not on the bun, then he had all the right in the world to make his case. However, as far as others waiting are concerned he could have cared less.

Straight up, I'd bet you the guy was a Civil lawsuit winner of some kind.

I saw a black guy one night at a Waffle House in Gainseville Fla. send his eggs toast, grits, sausage etc. back because the foods were touching each other, they ended up serving each item to this dimwit on a seperate plate.

He was sober and just being an asshole, period.
  13. stokinpls

stokinpls Active Member

In spite of all this, MickeyD's turned a 9% net profit in the third quarter last year.
  14. dhip

dhip Active Member

Well,if what was said about prepared eggs square and real eggs round,I don't blame him for knowing the difference and wanting a real egg.He may have an allergy to the prepared stuff,we don't know.Those that critisize him probably don't mind the pink slime in their meats ether.

Doug H.
  15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

His food was touching each other?

Sounds like he was a can shy of a six pack.
  16. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Doug H is right. Egg McMuffins are supposed to have the real egg and the others such as the steak and egg bagel have prepared eggs or an egg substitute. He probably did come off as sounding a bit slow by complaining that he wanted a round egg instead saying that he wanted the egg usually comes with Egg McMuffins. And boy did the writers here take of on that one. Out came the comedy! Bisi tried to further this implication by stating that he had a Harley tee shirt on. Apparently he has something against Harleys. On the other hand, he may have been a bit slow, but that doesn't mean he was wrong and didn't have a right to get what he paid for. I state this because people with hobbies like ours, shooting, golf and cars, motorcycling and bike riding, etc. like to brag about participating in charity events. The tray that they cook the eggs on has nothing to do with the egg that he got. Which is kind of funny considering they way the writers here made fun of that too. LOL! Mickey Ds gave him the wrong egg and the kid behind the counter apparently didn't know the difference that's why it's often pointless to complain to them. But some writers here sided with the kid behind the counter! Which is hilarious. He should have asked for the manager. 391 shooter, as far as the black guy is concerned. What does the fact that he was black have to do with the complaint that he made. And that was a ridiculous complaint. But maybe he was slow too. But white guys don't make equally as dimwitted complaints? All up in his plate. And I know you wanted to say something to him but didn't because you didn't want to have to beat him up.

Robert H
  17. 391 shooter

391 shooter Active Member

Too Tall,

Because it was a Black guy, had it been a White Guy I would have said a White guy. I was there and he was just being an asshole to the servers.

I have never seen a white guy be that much of an asshole as he was about the food touching, fact is I have never seen anyone at all in my 60 years make as stupid a comment or request as that.

And you wrote: And I know you wanted to say something to him but didn't because you didn't want to have to beat him up. WTF are you talking about, or maybe it was you I saw all those years ago at the Waffle House in Gainesville, Fl..
  18. Too Tall

Too Tall TS Member

Bisi, do you really want to start something with me over this? Because the thread was stupid and your response here is also stupid! I wrote you would probably beat him up because your response to this thread sounds like someone who would resort to violence over something that actually wasn't any of your business. Like I said, maybe that man was slow too. Chill out man! Because if I'd respond that wasn't me who you sat at the Waffle House in Gainesville FL, but it was your mother, you'd get angry. So, chill out man!

Robert H.
  19. 3dram8

3dram8 TS Member

The guy should have asked for POACHED instead of ROUND. There are two types of eggs that come on Mickey D's sandwiches. The english MUFFIN sandwiches are made with POACHED (round) eggs, and the BISCUIT sandwiches are made with SCRAMBLED eggs (cut into squares). He probably wanted one of the biscuit sandwiches with a poached egg on it instead. I do the same thing often as I prefer the poached to the scrambled type eggs, and the Mickey D's that I have been to always seem happy to oblige.....Rick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.