1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I thought it was unloaded!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

But i guess it wasnt

Bill

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pretty old to be getting a Darwin Award.

Pulling the cap on a front stuffer is a no brainer.

The sad part is the gun will get the blame in some quarters.

HM

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Pretty sad isn't it. Just because he didn't remove his primer. I also have had accidents that I could have prevented so know how it happens. Don't take any shortcuts when handling guns! It's something that you have to train yourself to do. Don't let anything come before your safety. Jackie B.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I heard a story about a Polish kid playing Russian Roulette with a 45 Automatic, the game was over real fast ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. kmks5

kmks5 TS Member

Hi Nipper, Are you ready for some new 2009 Shooting Shirts Yet ?
    I hope you wore out last years shirts during a year of hard shooting
    :0)

I'm getting a new supply of winter shirts in and many are ready to go.

Fran

Shooting Shirts By Fran

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

Fran,

Is your e-bay store still the same??

Bill

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It is the older shooters who seem to be the most dangerous. Remember the skeet shooter accident at that gun club? They came from an age when safety issues weren't hammered into them, and it was considered un-manly to even bring the subject up. I dog handle for DFG pheasant hunts, and my own experience confirms this. The kids are mostly nearly paranoid about safety, the older adults sloppy and dangerous. This proves to me the value of early and consistent training.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Wireguy: there's some truth in what you say, but I don't think it's so much a matter of early training. Being a senior vet myself, I have seen many older shooters ( and some not-so-old) that have just plain lost it! Senility, dementia, Alzheimers, whatever, they just don't have the mental focus to safely handle a firearm. Many, who aren't even permitted to drive a car, are allowed without any restrictions to shoot a gun.

We have a shooter like that at our club, and I don't see any solution other than to just tell him he can't shoot at our club anymore.

9. kmks5

kmks5 TS Member

Bill, Yes, my E-Bay store is still SHOOTING SHIRTS BY FRAN,

I'm now bringing in winter long sleeve shirts and will be putting on shoulder pads and shooting designs on for right and left hand shooters and women's and youth shirts also.

I've put a lot of the summer shirts on sale too.

I'm looking forward to supplying shooters with custom shirts made especially for them for the upcoming winter season.

Thanks,

FRAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.