1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I think this is why we have an ammo shortage....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tumbleweed, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UdbFTAEks

My apologies if this has already been posted.

2. lostandout

lostandout Member

makes me want one

brian

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Certainly wouldn't want to close the slide w/ that lever down, or it would start firing as soon as the slide hit home. Also no way to stop it firing once it starts. Definite neat factor, but as the video points out, totally useless.

Now if it functioned in the manner of a traditional machine gun, whereby it stops firing when you stop pulling the trigger, it would have made a hell of a weapon in WWI and WWII if coupled w/ a drum mag. Kinda like a more compact Thompson, which would have been much easier to carry and conceal.

I'm guessing the gun probably beats itself to death pretty fast in full auto mode. If it had been a good idea, JMB would have made full auto ones :)

4. Mapper

Mapper Member

One of the 1930s gangsters had one. Also, some times when working for the ideal
    trigger pull, one would do that. To build one now would mean serious trouble.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

In 2008 during his first election campaign, the President explained his reasoning by saying:<blockquote><I>"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."</i></blockquote>You figure out why!

Keller

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Keller,

I just don't remember those "Civilian National Security Force" jobs being advertised. Do you? Or is it just his "Civilians"??

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"I just don't remember those "Civilian National Security Force" jobs being advertised. Do you?"</I></blockquote>Dunno...could mean the field agents for the DHS... there are also reports ((Here's one of many) that DHS is buying 7000 full auto switchable 5.56 NATO rifles as PDW (personal defense weapons) that will have some interesting specs:<blockquote><I>"DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and / or when maximum concealment is required.

The rifles will also take so-called high capacity magazines, “capable of accepting all standard NATO STANAG 20 and 30 round M16 magazines (NSN 1005-00-921-5004) and Magpul 30 round PMAG (NSN 1005-01-576-5159). The magazine shall have a capacity to hold thirty (30) 5.56x45mm NATO rounds.”</i></blockquote> Any conclusions you may draw are your own.

Keller

8. Iowa@2012

Iowa@2012 TS Member

This might help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.