1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I think I've been scammed.... on this board !!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bebloomster, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bebloomster

bebloomster TS Member

Back in mid-Aug I responded to the following thread on Trapshooters.com.

I have the following once fired hulls for sale. All prices include FEDEX shipping to any of the lower 48 states.

LOT #1 750 AA 12 GAUGE (180 GREY AND 570 RED) $29 DELIVERED

LOT #2 490 STS AND NITRO 12 GAUGE (441 NITRO AND 49 STS) $23 DELIVERED

CHECK, MONEY ORDER OR VISA/MASTERCARD

Email me with any questions.

Thanks,

Brion

I offered to buy Lot #2 at the stated price. I was promptly sent a PayPal invoice which I paid on Aug 16th. Since that time there has been no communication from him nor have any hulls been received. In the past few days I've made numerous attempts to contact him but have received no response.

I contacted a second party who responded to that thread agreeing to buy Lot #1 at the stated price. He also transferred funds via PayPal and has received neither the hulls nor any explanation as to the delay.

Both of us have since opened Disputed Transaction with PayPal in an attempt to recover our funds.

Have any of you had similar experiences with him? His sign-on name is MrBT on this board.... Brion Turlick. His business e-mail is gfdsalesgroup@aol.com

Granted, $23.00 on my part and $29.00 from the other party involved isn't much but is evidently enough.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yep i believe your right. They stole your post right out from underneath your nose.................

3. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US...

4. bebloomster

bebloomster TS Member

Actually I deleted the post myself. It related to not having received items advertized on this board. I've since heard from the seller so will give him the benefit of a doubt and delete that post for the time being.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sounds like a little premature (rip off) ejaculation???

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Just can't wait to get on here and rip someone. Wants to see his name in lights.

D0n

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

8. bebloomster

bebloomster TS Member

Yup... you're right. Wait 3 weeks for stuff to arrive before starting to get concerned. No reply to repeated contact attempts with the seller. Sure sounds to me like I should have given it another month or two.

Remind me not to bother posting on this board if it results in inane replies such as yours.

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Remind yourself!

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Bebloomster, If only it happened to them it would be a different story. NOT Really if they had purchased something and had not received it in three weeks and no response from seller they would have been crying the blues. Jackie B.

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Come on you guys give him a brake. He's only been around 5 months probably still a little thin skinned. :)

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A case of premature denunciation?

13. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Having read Bloomsters original post it seemed entirely appropriate. One of the great things about this forum is that the members hold one another accountable and demand a high level of integrity. Could it have been entirely coincidental that the seller was unwilling to communicate before being publicly called out?

To my way of thinking Bloomsters mistake was not the original posting, but rather deleteing it. As for "Remind me not to bother posting on this board if it results in inane replies such as yours." Anyone who posts on this sight needs to grow a thick skin.

Robert

14. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Robert. And, bebloomster, there are, in any group, some who will find fault with anything while the vast majority remain silent but understanding. Relax some while you become acquainted with those to pay attention to and those not. Being ignored as you were was inappropriate without a sound excuse.....breakemall

15. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I would have had concerns under similar circumstances but I would have been less understanding.

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I think you will find more critics on a public forum than you will good information. The key is to locate the good information, and not waste your time with proving your point to the critics.

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think that's called "pre-checkulation", it's when you still have checks but you're out of money.

18. capvan

capvan Active Member

Communication is the key. I've waited a very long time for deals to go thru, on this forum and on others. As long as I keep hearing from the people involved, I'm willing to wait quite a while. And a phone conversation really helps a lot. E-mail is NOT bullet proof and sometimes the message gets lost in computer land.

Just keep communicating....

cap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.