1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I think it's pretty sad what's happened here

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by M R Ducks, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

When I logged on this mornign I had check a little bax promising not to be a complete jerk before being allowed access.

The one think I've always really appreciated in shooters is the ability to police their own - things like enforcing eys and hearing protection, proper line protocol, and just overall good manners. I guess that addage "an armed society is a polite society" proves itself in the microcosm of a gun club.

So now, I guess because we're not face to face, we snipe and slander to the point the moderator has to make us promise to be good.

Why don't we all just pretend we're at the club.....

Ducks

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I for one can live without all the garbage that was being posted, especially the wisecrack remarks from people who isn't even a shooter or ever has been. Thanks David.

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I had the same thing this morning also.
    No big deal.I think the site owner needs to protect their butt.

Bo

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Long past due.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

That sounds like Thoreau.

HM

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Something happened here...????????????????!!!!

7. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

I wouldn’t have a problem if the owners/moderators popped up a similar check box reminder from time to time.

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Gentlemen, it is called PYOA and was definitely called for. Ben

9. bertonernie

bertonernie TS Member

Mr. Ducks
    I am sure you have read some of the responses that "Bigdon" has made, this is not necessary.

10. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

trpshtr2001

The rules that came up when I logged in this morning did not say anything about a prohibition on "<i>WISECRACKS"</i>.

Or for that matter a rule proscribing "<i>people who isn't even a shooter or ever has been. </i>

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Can you guys imagine the person......or person's who have a lot of log on names???

Maybe this will cut down on some people having more than one sign on name.

Hope so.

Hauxfan!

12. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Oh man Haux, you are right.

I, oops, I mean THEY will have to use a different IP address. LOL

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I think everyone should have 1 log on name only.. I have 2 in the past.. and they could be thrown out..as I never use them.. When I first came on the board I was looking for a name that fit me.. I was shooting a Perazzi .800 bore O/U.. Thus PerazziBigBore I thought was pretty good..

14. XT Bill

XT Bill TS Member

I sure hope so !

If you ask me (OK,no one did, too bad) limiting people to one sign on name would cut out a lot of the nonsense.

Multiple sign on names just seen to invite people to play games

Bill

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's a CYA thing. David had to do it to show that he is not promoting such behavior.
    Bertonernie: your remark about "BIGDON", Was it necessary to take a shot at him already? Aren't you doing just what is trying to be prevented now.
    Trpshtr2001: the wisecracks that you refer to. How do you know these people don't shoot trap and never did unless you have met them off site? Why cast aspersions if you don't know for sure.

For the most part I don't think there was any real harm meant. Some people have a different type of "sense of humor" than others, and that is it. Nothing malicious about it. Some people are course and some people are smooth. It's America and we all have the right to be ourselves. Mike

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

What did you guys think? That the site management would throw the baby out with the bathwater? Yes, we do have our occasional do-fusses, but Mod and owner are in-tune business people that know how to straten it out and they did. Lump is right about the "black helicopters". They only exist in your mind. And I do not think that Mod wants you to not alert him on off color posts. I'm sure thay want to be notified when you see them. I copy and paste the poor-taste post to an email and send that to MOD. info@trapshooters.com One of the MOD's pick that up and decide if they want to leave or pop it.

We all like the site. It connects us to friends that we did not know till we got here. the site is healthy and the management is in-tune an COOL.

17. JACK

Ben. What is PYOA? pick your own apples?

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

It is what it is ... and as soon as Moderator mentioned all the whining messages they were getting bombarded with from those who felt the need to moan and groan about anything and everything they decided something had to be done.

As long as those who moan groan and complain learn that if they dont like something just move along and dont look back everyone will much happier. Yes there were times that things might have gone over board a little bit but when hasn't that happened before and I'm sure it will happen again ... but when all ya can do is complain and whine to the Moderator or David about it instead of just moving along ... well ... there are many more to blame other than ... well ... its just better to move along now and get back to having a good time I guess.

19. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Seemed like it was pretty much the same message that's always been on here.

We could use a few more "nukes" from the moderators, otherwise, this site has been pretty tame.

We're lucky to have this place.

20. JACK

Good morning Lump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.