1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I think I have my head lifting figured out

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I have lowered the heel on my stock and it made it 100% better however I shot today and I would miss one or two hard lefts.when shooting post 1# I switched my eye hold lower than my level gun barrel and closer to the center.I think it resolved the lifting of my head sometimes because it starts down and a locked down position.....Is this what you do???? or what do????/

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I have been lifting my head due to pain in the back and bending over. When I stand straight I shoot well and the back does not hurt. Just bought a support belt at Lowe's for the lower back and that should keep me from bending over and take the strain off. Fred

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I like to hold a level gun about a foot left of the front corner of the house. This lets me see the hard left bird as soon as it leaves the house. HMB

4. RAScott

RAScott Member

I find that if I lift my right elbow it locks the gun to my cheek, if I get lazy I get sloppy. Good to lock it in. Now i just have to remember it on the line
    Bob S

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I lift my head on low rib guns. Where the recvr impedes the look down range for the bird. I bet a lot of guys do the same.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Go to a reputable gun fitter!

Curt

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Rumor has it Monica had the same problem, until Slick Willie straightened her out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.