1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I talked to Greg Hissem today, He's doing fine.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I talked to Greg Hissem today, He

A while ago I had master stock maker Greg Hissem do some work for me. It was outstanding. I kind of lost touch with him and know he retired, but decided to call him today.

Imagine my surprise when he said he was in Redlands CA shooting trap (I live an hour and a 1/2 away). I didn't get a chance to see him, but it was nice talking to him.

Why do the artists retire, but the tractor mechanics continue to do work?

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

because they have to. Trevor Dawe.

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Good to hear Greg is doing well. He did a RAD pad for me. Excellent work and prompt. Sorry he did not train someone to take on after him.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Greg did recoil systems on two of my guns and cut a comb in one. Excellent craftsmanship and a heck of a nice guy. He retired a few months after getting my last gun back. I felt fortunate to have my guns done by him before he made that retirement decision final. I'm happy for him though. Everybody deserves a chance to just enjoy life.

Matt

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Greg did the best work for the cheapest prices. I don't think theres a stocksmith out there who offers a better value for the dollar. There are some who can come close to, or match his quality currently, but at a much higher price. Glad to see he's enjoying his retirement.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Trevor, (White Rattler)

I couldn't of said that any better ... "Touche" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.