1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I sure miss those Old Perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

You know ... the ones that had a butt from Barrel 'A' and a forend from Barrel "B".

The 'Danielle' stocks, 'Nope ... too fancy, that wood will split in 5 yrs and change POI if the humidity goes up. THIS ONE!, yes, there's a twirl of dark way back there ... Perfect!'

You know the ones. The stocks as they came ... fit. Well, kinda sorta, anyhow, and with just a bit off here, and a touch gone from there ...

And you grabbed the wood rasp, files and sanding block; moleskin and masking tape ... and never had a guilty thought?

With SCO (and better) wood, it ain't exactly like that nowadays, is it?

Bob

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

You mean this:

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Or this:

[​IMG]

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I think he means this, Steve.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Neil

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Yes.

Perfect, Steve ... before & after! No matter how badly your pretty gun fit, there is no man strong enough to take a wood-rasp to THAT comb.

Neil, where did you get the pic of Danielle's stock bin? :)

Have a delightful.

Bob

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Neil,
    For a second, I thought that you were in my basement to take that picture.

Ed Yanchok

6. Neil Winston

Nah, Ed. Everyone who's owned a few old Perazzis has a basement like that.

Neil

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

You like Old Perazzis then I have one for you. It's the 140th Perazzi ever made. Giacomo said he did some of the finish work on it when he worked in the factory prior to coming to the US. it's nearly all original. All numbers match. It sat in a guys safe for nearly 40 years. I bought it off the estate sale. It's a Pigeon gun. Choked .25 and .50. It will really smash a target. 28-3/8 barrel. It has two stocks. The original and one I had made. The gun is primo and has been serviced by Giacomo. Shot very little. it's time to move it out of my safe. $3750 and it's yours.

Tom

8. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I guess I must be the exception! I have had my Perazzi MX-8 (Ithaca) since 1978 and I am still shooting it! I did have a new recoil pad put on it, but otherwise, the stock is the same as when I bought it.

Allen

9. Neil Winston

But what fun is that, Allen? And what are you going to burn for heat after the big one?

Neil

10. shark1

shark1 Member

Perazzi was about winning. I do not own anything post 1986, for any gun, (can not comment on newer). The quality as I have stated before (prior thread) on early Perazzi is fine. I miss my MX-8 from 1969 type 2. The old one that I have now has 3 cracks in the stock. Production code code XXX my favorite, 1974, choked full, super full. Mike Sharkey, DC

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My basements starting to look like that..lol

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

For you bunker shooters.. the early .724 bore barrels choked .03X and .044/.045 do amazing things on the bunker field. I rarely see a barrel made today that can produce those HOT center cores I like.. Most of those older barrels were molested to shoot doubles with 1 1/8 oz.. I treasure the few barrels I own that can consistently smoke targets at 60 yards with 24 gram.. Those old barrels do it consistently..if pointed correctly..

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

Perazzi Big Bore

The pigeon gun I have for sale will do exactly that. Second barrel performance is outstanding. It measurers .50 but it really throws a pattern.

Tom

14. RLC323

RLC323 Member

This thread made me feel a lot better about recently grinding on my "new to me" TM 1 stock. I had much less remorse grinding on Browning stocks for years. Thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.