1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I STOLE NOTHING-FROM AL DEMARCO-THE TRUTH !!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 90-TFORME, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 90-TFORME

90-TFORME TS Member

LAST SUMMER I WAS ACCUSED BY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THAT I RIPPED-OFF TWO PEOPLE-THIS IS THE TRUTH TO WHAT HAPPENED-FIRST,I AGREED TO TRADE A 90-T ADD-ON RIB FOR A UNDER WATER CAMERA,WHILE TALKING TO THIS PERSON OVER THE PHONE AND MAKING THIS DEAL I TOLD HIM TWICE TO SEND IT INSURED BECAUSE I HAVE HAD SOME THINGS THAT I GOT FROM E-BAY ARRIVE DAMAGED OR BROKEN,AND THAT IT WOULD BE A LITTLE WHILE BEFORE I WOULD BE ABLE TO MAIL HIS RIB BECAUSE I WAS IN THE CAR DRIVING TWO HOURS TO SEE MY MOTHER WHO WAS VERY ILL AND THAT I WOULD BE STAYING THERE FOR A FEW DAYS OR MABE EVEN A BIT OVER A WEEK.WHEN I ARRIVED HOME ABOUT TEN DAYS LATER THE PACKAGE WITH THE CAMERA WAS LAYING IN MY DOOR-WAY AND THE BOX WAS CRUSHED ON OND SIDE A BIT,WHEN I OPED IT UP AND TOOK THE CAMERA OUT IT AND TRIED IT, IT DID NOT WORK.I I CHECKED THE BOX AND NO INSURANCE STICKER OR PAPERWORK OF ANY KIND WAS ON IT.I FIRED UP MY COMPUTER TO GET THIS PERSONS PHONE NUMBER FROM THE E-MAIL THAT HE SENT ME SO THAT I COULD CALL HIM AND SEEN THAT I HAD SOME NEW E-MAILS FROM HIM AND SOME OF MY TRAP SHOOTING FRIENDS,HIS E-MAIL CALLED ME EVERY NAME IN THE BOOK AND ACUSSED ME OF RIPPING HIM OFF,AND MY FRIENDS SAID THAT THIS GUY SLIMED ME ALL OVER THIS SITE.I WAS SO MAD I DID NOT RESPOND TO HIM IN ANY WAY.BEFORE I LEFT TO VISET MY MOTHER AGAIN THE NEXT NIGHT I DROPPED THE CAMERA OFF AT A BIG CAMERA REPAIR AND SERVICE CENTER TO SEE WHAT WAS BROKEN AND HOW MUCH TO FIX IT, IT ENDED UP THAT THE PARTS TO FIX IT COST AS MUCH AS A NEW CAMERA.I NEVER PICKED THE CAMERA UP FROM THE SHOP AND THEY USED IT FOR PARTS TO FIX ANOTHER ONE LIKE IT. THEY SENT ME A CHECK FOR $58.00 FOR THE PARTS THAT THEY USED AND THEY TRASHED THE REST OF THE CAMERA.I HAVE NEVER RESPONDED TO THIS PERSON UNTILL NOW IN ANY WAY.I WAS SO ANGRY ABOUT HIM SLIMING ME ON THIS SITE BEFORE WE EVEN TALKED ABOUT MAKING THE DEAL RIGHT THAT I DID NOT CARE.NOW TO THE SECOND PART OF THIS,I WAS LOOKING FOR SOME BERETTA PARTS TO FINISH UP A GUN AND FOUND THEM ON THIS SITE.ME AND THAT PERSON TALKED AND E-MAILED ABOUT THE PARTS AND EVEN THE CONDTION OF THE FORE-END WOOD AND AGREED ON A PRICE OF $800.00.THIS PERSON SAID HE WAS LEAVING TO GO AWAY FOR A WEEK OR SO AND WOULD MAIL THE PARTS THAT DAY AND FOR ME TO WAIT A FEW DAYS TO MAIL THE MONEY ORDER SO THAT HE WOULD BE HOME TO RECIVE IT AND IT WOULD NOT BE SITTING IN HIS MAIL BOX FOR A WEEK.I GOT THE PARTS A FEW DAYS LATER AND THE FORE-END WOOD WAS NOT THERE.I WAITED FOR THIS PERSON TO COME HOME AND I CALLED HIM TO ASK ABOUT THE FORE-END WOOD WHICH HE SAID HE WANTED ANOTHER $100.00 FOR THE WOOD.I TOLD HIM THAT I WOULD MAIL HIM HIS MONEY ORDER THE NEXT DAY FOR THE PARTS, I SENT HIM A PNC MONEY ORDER FOR $700.00 THAT MY WIFE GOT AT THE BANK WHERE SHE WORKS.I SENT $100.00 LESS BECAUSE THIS PERSON SAID THAT THE WOOD WAS INCLUDED AND THEN TRIED RIPPING ME OFF BY WANTING ANOTHER $100.00 AFTER THE DEAL WAS MADE.WHEN HE GOT $100.00 LESS HE CAME ON THIS SITE AND TOLD EVERYBODY THAT I SENT HIM NOTHING TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD-THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT HE TRIED TO SCREW ME AND HE ONLY GOT PAID FOR THE PARTS THAT HE SENT ME.
    IN THE OTHER POSTS THAT WERE WRITTEN ABOUT BE IT WAS SAID THAT I CHANGED MY SIGN-ON NAME,I DID BUT IT WAS BEFORE EITHER OF THESE DEALS TOOK PLACE-I CHANGED IT FROM TRYING4A100 TO 90-TFORME,THE OTHER AL DEMARCO SIGN-ON NAME IS MY SON WHO IS AWAY AT SCHOOL.HE WAS SELLING SOME OF HIS TRAP SHOOTIN THINGS TO PAY FOR HIS EXTRA CLASSES.SOME PEOPLE ON THIS SITE SLIMED HIM AND HE WAS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY WITH THESE DEALS.
    YOU CAN BELIVE THIS OR NOT,I DONT CARE,I WILL SAY THAT WHILE THESE DEALS WERE GOING ON I ALSO BOUGHT 2 TRAPGUNS FROM THIS SITE FROM SOOTBALLS FOR OVER $2,000 WITH NO PROBLEMS-BOUGHT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS OF REMINGTON HULLS FROM FRANK PASCO WITH NO PLOBLEMS-SOLD HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS OF RE-LOADING STUFF TO TERRY ROTTMAN WITH NO PROBLEMS-TO FINISH THIS UP,AS FAR AS THE BERETTA GOES I DONT CARE,I PAID FOR WHAT I GOT,$700.00 WORTH OF PARTS.FOR THE PERSON WITH THE CAMERA, I WILL READ ALL OF THE REASONABLE COMENTS TO THIS THREAD AND WHAT THE DECENT TRAPSHOOTERS SUGGEST TO DO TO FIX THIS ISSUE,I WILL DO,I AT THE LEAST I DO OWE THE $58.00 THAT I GOT FOR THE CAMERA PARTS.THANKS SOOTBALLS AND M-16 FOR RESPONDING TO THOSE THREADS LAST SUMMER.

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Man, with ALL capital letters it tough to read all that jammed together in one huge paragraph!

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

What KenX said!

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

You should have returned the camera. By doing what you did, you effectively stole the camera and unloaded it for what you could get. Maybe it was broken as you say, but you really screwed up by selling someone else's property. The fact that you were mad at him does not make what you did right.

That's just my opinion. (Also seems you have just confessed to stealing the camera on a public forum)

5. 90-TFORME

90-TFORME TS Member

I AM SORRY ABOUT THE WAY IT IS TYPED-MY SPELLING IS NOT TOO GOOD AND MY TYPING SKILLS ARE WORSE-I JUST WANT THE TRUTH TO BE SEEN.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

1. you are shouting.

2. According to you this was a year ago, kind of moldy by now.

3. "Fixing" it might require therapy.

No offense, but you should think before you hit enter.

HM

7. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Loose the "Caps Lock" key and look-up "paragraph" in your dictionary. I quit reading after the camera story.

8. 90-TFORME

90-TFORME TS Member

I WANTED THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD IN CAPS-I BY MISTAKE LEFT THEM ON-I WIIL SAY IM SORRY NOW FOR THIS MISTAKE-I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO SEE THE TRUTH AND GIVE THERE THOUGHTS ON THE BEST WAY TO FIX THE CAMERA THING

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Whew....sure hope he feels better now.....

Confessions must be part of his 12 Step Program!!

Curt - Delaware

10. 870

870 Well-Known Member

You messed up on the camera thing. You should pay at least the original agreed upon price.

11. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

It's water over the dam, I would just forget about it after a year. Or you could email Demarco (what ever) and try to straighten it out. MHO Richard

12. scuba pete

scuba pete TS Member

first of all you should of sent the camera back.Secund i am i dive master and have dive cameras.I dont see how it got damaged in shipping unless it got totally crushed. I have droped thrown them abused them too.The housing is pretty shock proff.Sounds like it didnt work to begin with.But going back to the beginning.YOU SHOULD OF SENT IT BACK!!! You need to make it right with him some how. You need to talk to him and make some kind of arrangment.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If I knew the value of the add-on rib/camera I might change me tune, but...

Lucky for you you've got only two problems to fix.

Pay the Beretta guy his $100 for his wood and consider that case closed.

Keep the $58 for the camera and send the guy the add-on rib. Not sure of the value of the rib, but if you were trading it, you probably didn't need it anyway.

Both situations are solved and you're the one on the right side. Did you get screwed? Sounds like it, but getting past this will do you a lot more good than having a few extra bucks in your pocket. It's only money and everyone involved will be a lot wiser. A lot of times phone conversations aren't as remembered.

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY WHEN YOU SEND EMAIL OR ARE IN A CHAT ROOM!

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

15. 90-TFORME

90-TFORME TS Member

it was a under water video camera with wires and a lead weighted video lens on the end,and it was broken when it arrived to me.
    why should i pay for the fore-end wood that i never recived?

if you people have noticed-i found tne caps lock botton-thanks for all the help on my typing skills!!!

16. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

First off I understand the insurance bit. As a seller of many things I send everything with insurance as it isn't the buyers responsibility to pay for it. The buyer spends his money to get an item that he paid for. He has nothing to do with the packaging or handling of an item. The buyer also has no control over an item being stolen off his porch. I had a barrel I bought from Cabelas stolen off my porch after the UPS man left it there. ( The thief got a Remington SP-10 Ten gauge slug barrel and I hope he choked on it). UPS came out and accused me of stealing it and eventually I suspect they gave Cabelas the money. Cabelas credited my account right away if memory serves.
    That said, two wrongs do not make a right. Do to the fact that you took it on yourself to take it to the camera shop you are stuck with the outcome. Pissed as you were, sending the broken POS back with a note( and an e-mail) that you asked for insurance would have been in order along with pictures of the damaged box before you open it. I see very few options for you other then to send the man his rib.As far as the Beretta deal goes, changing the deal after the fact required that you do exactly what you did. IF... You talked to him and agreed that he changed the deal after the fact and that it was not a misunderstanding. If he changed the deal after the fact then you ship the 700 as you did. If it was a misunderstanding then you agree to disagree and you send the parts back to him and you guys would have never had an issue. I have sold and purchased a bunch of stuff and you need to communicate with the guy instaed of assuming the worst. Trapshooters are far and away some of the best folks to do business with and e-mails and phone calls will go a long way to making things right before all the negative threads. Good luck and in summary... Send the rib, and contact the guy about the Beretta parts and talk to him as hard as it may be. I suspect you guys can come to an agreement that will mend fences. P.S Al... Turn off your cap locks key. It's considered shouting. Jeff

17. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

You want opinions?

Sounds like you did rip the guy for the camera if you received and never contacted or paid, and he should be angry. Put yourself in his shoes. It doesn't justify the slander to you or your son, as all parties should be civil and have patience.

Slander aside, if you want to make amends for the camera, pay for it, as you already made the mistake of getting rid of it.

It's his fault he never insured as you allegedly asked, and regardless of the slander, you should have sent it back and just taken the hit on the shipping if he would not honor it.

Same with the Beretta stuff. Should have sent it back if the guy wasn't honoring your original deal.

Send the guy the $100.00 and clear your conscience.

All this heartache and stress for just a couple dollars.

Both you and these seller's needed to communicate better and have patience. You both made mistakes. Lesson's learned for everyone. Talk every deal out in great detail regarding descriptions, return policy, and shipping. Always get many pictures and descriptions.

JMHO

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Look at it this way...if the guy shipped you a working camera, and it was broken in transit, how does he know that it was really broken when it arrived? The least you should have done was to take it to the shipper and put in a complaint and had that complaint documented. Then you should have shipped it back to him with a note, telling him that it arrived damaged with no insurance and that you didn't accept it.

By not returning it, and THEN by selling it, you legally took ownership of the camera, and you legally owe the seller his rib. He probably felt that his only recourse was to tell people what happened, because taking it to court would not have been worth the time and money.

19. trap41

trap41 TS Member

Eqwikspjg'jmasd'gjadf'gdah;joyteopqrtyqpeo gha;dgha;dlnbl zdbnzohjbo'[asegjaldbnzdlbno'ajbg'aslnmhsghslnslbn;skbhsf'[bhks'dfh,ksd;mbsd.bm./db,dbn,cvbn,zcvbn,.xcm/.xcvm and so on and so on... etc. etc

De Marco.... You're either playing dumb or you are dumb.

20. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

MAN - that's hard on the eyes. No way I'm plodding through that.

Insert a couple of carriage returns once in a while to break up the text.

Wow!

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.