1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I SEE IT'S HOTTER AT GRAND THIS YEAR THAN LAST

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I SEE IT

HAS ANYONE PASSED OUT FROM THE HEAT AT THE GRAND YET, I DON'T THINK I COULD TAKE THAT HIGH HEAT, I DON'T REMEMBER IT EVER GETTING THAT HOT IN VANDALIA, AM NOT PUSHING VANDALIA, JUST COMPARING. LATER IN THE YEAR SOUNDS BETTER, COOLER TEMPS, I AM NOW DEBATING ON COMING FOR THE MEETING ON THURSDAY.

I WAS PLANNING ON LEAVING OHIO AT 6:00AM AND ARRIVING AROUND 1-2PM IF THERE ARE NOT ANY ROAD CLOSINGS.

WAS PLANNING ON GOING WEST ON I-70 TO I-57 THEN SOUTH TO 154 TO SPARTA, IS THIS THE FASTEST WAY TO GO?

MAPQUEST HAS ME GOING ALMOST TO ST.LOUIS THEN SOUTH AND THEN BACK EAST, TO SPARTA.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Donm

Donm Active Member

You apparently didn't go to Vandalia that much. I remember many years with temps in the 100's

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

The meeting is not really free and open. The remarks generally are very civil and there is little discussion. Only the officers and main delagates can speak. Save your gas if you're coming to speak. glenn

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Global warming, ask Al about it, it will be a diversion from the divorce

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Longshot

"HAS ANYONE PASSED OUT FROM THE HEAT AT THE GRAND YET, I DON'T THINK I COULD TAKE THAT HIGH HEAT, I DON'T REMEMBER IT EVER GETTING THAT HOT IN VANDALIA"

LS get over it Vandalia is gone never to return, why does every post you make during the Grand pertain to Vandalia????????

Bob Lawless

6. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Why does every post you make about the Grand exhort someone to "let it go" regarding Ohio?

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yeah, the other place got pretty damn warm more than a few years I remember....

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Toking357 I thought I said Vandalia not all of Ohio. So now you can't even read.

BTW with your vast knowledge do you think that crying about how it used to be in Vandalia will bring the Grand back there. Or are you just trying to improve your status and a Meathead???????

Bob Lawless

9. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

DR. seems to bring the best out in everyone everytime LOL

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

By the way I would get a new GPS. Try looking at a map.

Don

11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Gary take 57 south to 64 west to exit 50. Then take highway 15 west until you come to a "t" and turn left or south. Take it to a town called Marrisa which is a "t" and turn right and follow the signs right into the front gates of the complex. It is the shortest route i have found and i live right off of 57 and have made the trip to shoot sporting clays there many times. I have tried several different ways and this is the fastest and shortest i know of. It takes 2 hours from Effingham Illinois.

12. bas

bas Member

71 there at 6:45 this AM.....high of 89?

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

BAS,

Heard there was a storm in Sparta early this morning and it blew the beer tent down.

Everyone.....a moment of silence please.

14. bas

bas Member

Yes, that IS bad news! As long as the beer truck didn't blow over....LOL

15. overbored

overbored Member

I think the big wind was Dr. Lungshot arriving...

16. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Littlr OT: My daughter called this morning. She turned 40 today and is running in the St. Jude marathon from Memphis, Tn. to Peoria,Il. and said it was 105 deg. this morning wherever they were at and the air conditioning in their motor home conked out and they had to cut their running time from 8 hour shifts to 3 hour shifts. They were supposed to get the a/c fixed this afternoon.

17. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Donm--You must have been in Vandalia,Illinois. In my 45 years at Vandalia,OH, Don't recall any 100+ You got to be talking about Vandalia,IL. Maybe that was in the 1920's or 30's in Ohio,spose? CED

18. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Lawless--This thread is about the Grand. Why keep rehashing Vandalia? Its gone,let it die!CED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.