1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I SAW the new Perazzi yesterday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by patrick Swartz, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrick Swartz

patrick Swartz Member

Giacomo has his service trailer and gun sales here at the Southern Grand. He "had" one the latest Perazzi trap guns with him. It caused quite a stir. The company president,Dan Lokker told me it was a MX2005 SR. I asked what the SR was and he said short rib. It has a rib about 12" long out on the end of the barrel. The rib is adjustable with the pivot point being at the back of the rib. The gun is a O/U.He was quoting a price of $11,500. When I went back to drool over it again,it was sold. In the last 30 years I have owned a couple of "Space Guns" and this rib reminds me of that style. It has only one bead. It sure drew a lot of attention here at the Southern Grand.
    The weather is absolutely beautiful here and today was the last 3 event day. I was on the second flight of doubles and I went out around 5:30,a very busy shooting day. Great shoot/Great weather/Great people to shoot with.

Patrick Swartz

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

How high is the "short rib"?

3. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

That style rib has been popular with some international shooters for some time. I'd be suprised if it takes off here in the states but you never know, maybe it's the greatest & latest fishing lure.

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I saw the gun, it's kinda different looking for sure. It's basically the 2005 rib height but short as Pat described. It does seem to make the gun much lighter in the front and therefore fast handling. The idea has come from international trap double shooters as it gives them more visability. Time will tell but it would seem to be a long shot from my perspective in our game.

It also had the "glove grip" stock. This stock is made with a wood post in front of the grip hand thumb. It keeps your hand from sliding forward on the grip. This idea I think has some real merit in that at least it feels good anyway.

Mark Zauhar

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

link above to one for sale on GB

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

FUGLY!

Funny how some will crucify the Cynergy for looking so "European", but when Perazi does it then it's ok. Not pointing fingers at any one on this thread. I am just being a hater since I can't afford $12K for a nice gun. I still think its fugly.

Bryan

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Having shot a MX 2008 for a little bit and also a MX2000/3 I can understand this whole design and concept. Perazzi designs & builds quick handling guns. The design that makes that happen may not be our cup of tea, but then again I think we are about 50 years removed from where the europeans are shooting wise.

I would like to handle and shoot one of the new guns to see how that line of thinking has progressed.

I appreciate fine looking guns, but prefer function over form!

ss

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Look what is dominating Olympic Doubles this year.... Now.. my poor man's version of the short rib is promising...but I'm not to sure it will ever do what my old step rib MX-8 does.. Until I shoot Olympic style doubles..and not just ATA..I really can not speak with authority.. My friends who do shoot Olympic doubles all like my short.. add on rib.. Time will tell..

9. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Had a couple of them at the Shot Show this year

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

If you order a Glove Grip and do not like it after shooting it for a while, you can have it reshaped into a regular stock....that's what was relayed to me when a friend had ordered a Glove Grip gun from Dan @ Giacomo earlier this year.

11. patrick Swartz

patrick Swartz Member

Sernv99
    I talked to a shooter today,from Palm Beach. He told me he saw the glove grip stock and the forend with the checkering going farther around for a better grip and he ordered a set for his MX2000.He ordered the set from Dan @ Giacomo.
    I would have to shoot one a few times before I could say yea or nay, for me. I had to rework the front,right side of my SX-1 factory stock because it ate up the back side of my right thumb. I remember picking up some of the guns that came with a thumb hole stock. I always thought that they felt like a million bucks,but I never shot one enough to have any sort of opinion. I've shot a space gun a bunch and I got used to it really quick. A lot of guys,at the time didn't like it,but I always did.

Patrick Swartz

12. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Patrick: I will find out myself next month when I go visit Dan for an appointment. My friend ordered a Glove Grip stock for a 20 bore dove/pigeon gun because he liked the feel of the stock so much. He convinced me to handle one when I go to set-up my own 20 bore gun...He mentioned it doesn't feel like a thumbhole stock where your thumb is "locked" into position. He told me he was able to manipulate his shooting hand without hinderance, just like as if he was shooting a regular stock but the Glove Grip just felt better to him, hence why he went with that option.....I guess it's something you need to handle first before you order one....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content

perazzi olympic style bead