1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I quit using UPS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ke4yyd, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

About 15 years ago I frequently ordered items from a supplier in Atlanta, GA and Orlando, FL. Items were shipped via regular UPS and arrived the next day in most cases. (I live near Tallahassee, FL) A couple years ago the shipments were delayed taking 3 to 5 days. The suppliers could not provide the reason for the delays. I started paying attention to the tracking data provided by UPS and found that they provided an "expected arrival date", usually 3 to 5 business days, depending upon the departure point of the shipment. Most of the items delivered to my home are sent to the Jacksonville, Fl hub where they are sent out to final delivery. What I found out was that a package arriving in Jacksonville ahead of the "expected arrival date" would sit at the wearhouse, sometimes several days waiting on the right time to send it out to arrive at the " expected arrival date". It became obvious what they were doing. They did not allow the packages to compete with the 2nd Day and Over Night deliveries. In other words if regular shipping COULD arrive overnight there would be no need for the extra fees for fast service. By delaying shipment they were promoting their faster services with extra fees.

I have found more dependable, faster service with Priority Mail

2. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Nah, they were using the extra time to beat the crap out of the packages.

Jim

3. tockdoc

tockdoc TS Member

Some time the machine that beats up the packages is broken . Thne they have to do it by hand and it takes longer! A
    and not big al

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They have a policy here to deny every claim

Gene

5. DS-AA

DS-AA Member

We used to ship almost everything by UPS in my business, but crazy price increases and busted up packages have cured us. Now if we have to ship anything big or by ground we use FEDEX. The little stuff goes USPS Priority Mail and we are having great success with it.

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

not me they just got us a new driver... <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

They are the only service that legally ships ammunition and they've never failed me.

Morgan

8. Argentina

Argentina TS Member

Seems like at least every week somebody starts a thread about....UPS is horrible...no Fed-Ex is even worse....no no USPS is the worst of all...and all of them are out to SCAM us.

Why don't you guys go together and start your own delivery service and really show all of us and those poor excuses for a delivery service how its suppose to be done!! You could call it TSDS -- Trap Shooters Delivery Service....or Tough S--- Delivery Service.

You already know how to do everything and how its suppose to be done so what are you waiting for ??

I'm sure each of you have a car or truck in your driveway that you can use to make deliveries. You could use your motorhome or camper to haul all the packages that you would pick-up from one big city to the next. You have everything you need to start...and apparently plenty of free time on your hands....so what are you waiting for..??

Juston Trimback -- ex UPS --- I've walked the walk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.