1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I Personally Don't Care if Other Countries Like It

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

I say let the other countries bust their butts like we have and earn those things like we did.

Obama can kiss my butt just as soon as he gets finished kissing the butts in those "other countries".

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

JBrooks feels JUST LIKE THE REST OF US!!!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Can I atleast have carpeting in my cave???

4. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I'm with JBrooks too.

Most of the other countries that resent the success of America are countries with an economic system that is less productive than ours, and you can't talk them out of it, so they will just have to live with the results.

Now.....I think it is clear that cheap oil is a thing of the past, and with countries like china (1.3 billion population) and India (1 billion + population) developing their economies, the situation with oil can only get worse.

Therefore when a politician makes speeches discribing exactly how we are going to get off the crude oil habit, he will have my undivided attention.....but I ain't interested in any cut-backs in our liiving standard.....I am interested in things like nuclear power plants, wind farms, solar farms and wave power generation.

As far as the rest of the world goes, they can either follow suit, or they can continue to live a second class existence.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

When Obama gets elected he's going to evict(tax us out) us all from our homes to give to the Illegal Immigrants/3rd generation welfare gravy trainers that got him elected in the first place

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I personally did not hear him make that statement, but I do believe it coming from a commie dumbocrat who wants to change the greatest nation on earth,,(what a POS he is). Boys and Girls our country is in deep poop!!!!!!!

7. willing

willing Member

Commodity Investors are the people driving he price up not producers or oil companies. Take a look. Suadis announced they would produce more oil and the price went up. The investors are selling short and gambling that the future price will decline, then they will make their profit.

Bill

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

When a company continues to opporate with decades old equipment and the government opposes and restricts you from building(investing)in modern facilities to increase capacity, only one thing can happen. Your profits go up.

As far as Obama comments go, its divide and conquer, when the mass of new voters turn out to support the candidate that "promises change". That is taking your change to give to someone else who did not work for it.

JMTC

Scott

9. alpine

alpine TS Member

I think you really have to look at the American spirit that got us here in the first place.

This country has only been in existence a little over 200 years. Compare that to countries that have been continuing for centuries after century.

Yet we have such a high standard of living, have accomplished so much in all fields.

And we are to apologize to other countries? I don't think so. Let our leaders know the the American spirit needs to be spread to other countries and let THEM achieve what we have done, let them earn the right to be a super power, let them produce like the American economy has produced.

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

The trade and federal deficits are killing this country. We are the largest debtor nation in the world.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

That depends on how you define largest debtor. In fact, the US ranks 65th in the world in percent of debt to Gross Domestic Product at about 36%. Japan is first at 197%. This is like the difference between a someone making $100,000 owing $36,000 and someone making $50,000 per year and owing almost $100,000.

Check the link above and you will note that virtually every developed country is ranked higher and, except for oil states, most of those ranked below us are so poor no one wants their debt.

So, the sky is not falling and it is irresponsible to make gloom and doom statements without knowing the facts.

You may also want to click on this link and marvel at just how strong the US econmy is compared to everyone else.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2001rank.html

You have to remember the the Democrats and their toadies in the MSM will lie about the economy because they know that most people are to lazy to go look it up.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Mr.Brooks, I like how you state facts. Keep it up, and your gonna make some enemies!

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Soon,,,,,

14. Maurice

Maurice Member

JBrooks, you are looking at the wrong statistics, the public debt is that which is what the population owes against the GDP. The same statistic source that you used, go to External Debt and you will see that the US owes more than any other country in the world. The US is not self suffucient in energy, it uses 20 million barrels of oil a day and only produces 8 million barrels of oil a day.The US is a wonderful country with great people, but you must realize that Americans are not the only people who work hard and achieve great things, the success of America is built on the backs of people who origionally emigrated to the US from the very countries that you seem to despise. It is now a world ecconomy and you have to learn live in it. Maurice ( The Brit )

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"The last thing we need is the Brit's telling us what to do." Paraphasing Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock and a few others circa 1776.

Nothing has changed.

PS. I don't despise other countries, I just don't think we need a wimp as a President who worries if what we do is "OK" with other countries.

16. Maurice

Maurice Member

JBrooks, I am not trying to tell you what to do, I am just making an observation. I will quote another great American :- Dwight D. Eisenhower " A people who values its privilages above its principles, soon loses both " end of quote. Maurice ( The Brit )

17. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Just as soon as some of these other countries start valuing some priciples, I am sure they will start gaining some privileges. Like I said, I don't have a problem with other countries, it is this one that worries me.

18. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I’m totally amazed when I read comments like “cheep oil is a thing of the past” while we sit on hundreds of years worth of oil doing nothing, simply because we cave to the left wing BS of man caused global warming.

I’ve got a plan, how about we start using our resources. Estimates are that we are sitting on more then two 250 years worth of oil at current technology and recovery systems. Now I’m betting that within that 250 years technology will improve 1000 times. I read an article a while back that UCSD has a car that combined a small diesel engine with a hybrid that gets nearly 100 miles per gal and out performs most current economy cars. What do you think fuel mileage will be in the year 2108 if we haven’t replaced petroleum fuel? 200-300 or more? So could that 250yrs be stretched to 400 or 500 yrs? The current oil fuel recovery systems that estimate 250 yrs are based on our ability to find and recover oil with modern methods, but if we compare modern methods to those of 50yrs ago most of the oil in that prediction would not be there, reality is that in 100 years oil and fuel stock we think of now as unrecoverable will be easily recoverable. Like oil we now get from deep ocean wells we couldn’t touch 50 yrs ago, our limits now will soon be stretched further and that will soon stretch our supply well beyond what we’re looking at today. Combine these factors and could it be that reality is 500, 1000 or more years. And during that time if we’re smart and discontinue destroying our economy and way of life we’ll have the resource to invest in other energy sources like nuclear, solar, wind and things we don’t even know exist now and my guess is that by the time we’re close to running out of petroleum fuels we won’t be using it anyway. Remember 200 yrs ago we had little or no use for the stuff anyway.

But all this is of no meaning anyway because to many of the idiots we send to run our government buy into the BS that we shouldn’t be using oil. Not because there isn’t any to be had, but because by using it we’re destroying the planets eco system. BS, we’re destroying our economy and our way of life for BS junk science. We need to start getting smarter about the people we elect.

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Ah, the fraudulent, snotnose troll has arrived to lecture us invoking God no less. Maybe this idiot is really Jerimiah Wright, the racist Obama's racist preacher man.

20. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Trappy, I can name only one thing the US is not leading the world in, and thats oil production! And we could do that as well if we weren't so damn "politically correct"! Then again, there is one more issue we suck at...education. Thats a political correctness issue too. Don't want to fail poor Johnny, it might scar him for life. Lets make the test easier. Geeze, get a life. You get ahead by working hard and using your noggin, not by free-bees.
    Our society is being run over by a bunch of politically correct wussys playing the race and poor card for their advantage of power. When a war starts, not many politally correct pansies end up on top. No society has survived while being pussified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.