1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*I Paid His Asking Price!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I bought a gun and paid what the man asked for it. Even though the shooter was satisfied with the deal (he was an experienced trapshooter, not a newbie) others who witnessed the transaction glared at me like I had cheated him.

How can it be wrong when you pay the seller’s asking price?

Booger

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

When you have a willing buyer, and a willing seller, then you have a fair price.

3. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

Booger- You did nothing wrong. I had the same thing happen to me recently. My neighbor knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to buy his deer rifle. He told me he wanted $150 for it and I bought it. Done deal. The reason people glared at you is because they didn't get in on that deal.

Joe

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Blow it off. They were probably tirekickers anyway.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

As long as the seller knew what the value was, and knowingly sold it lower than what he could have, there is no problem.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Made me jealous !!

7. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

YOU TOOK THE CHANCE IN BUYING SOMETHING USED "AS-IS" IF YOU SHOT IT A WEEK AND A PROBLEM DEVELOPED, YOU WOULD HAVE HAD TO FIX IT YOURSELF. SOMETIMES YOU WIN AND SOMETIMES YOU LOOSE. A FEW YEARS AGO I BOUGHT AN 1100 FROM THE WIFE OF A PASSED ON SHOOTER. I PAID HER ASKING PRICE. I TOOK GRIEF FROM SOME COMMON FRIENDS ABOUT HOW I "TOOK ADVANTAGE" WHEN I BOUGHT IT I KNEW HE WAS NOT ONE WHO TOOK CARE OF HIS FIREARMS. AS IT TURNS OUT ,IT DID NOT CYCLE CONSISTANTLY AND MISFIRED ONCE IN A WHILE. SPENT A WEEK OF EVENINGS AND 50 BUCKS OF SMALL PARTS AND 3 CANS OF CLEANERS TO GET IT CORRECTED. I PROBABLY LOST MONEY ON THE DEAL.

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

It's one thing to take advantage of a widder-woman or some green kid, but the seller was neither.

Your fellow club members are petty and small ... and jealous, of course they did not have ready cash when the opportunity presented itself.

Hmmm - there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Bob

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sounds like something a democrap would do. LOL. Bulge.

10. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Had several of these occasions over the years. A friend brought in an old plastic case to a swap meet one time, with some kind of long gun in it. I asked what it was. "a 97". How much. $75. I'll take it if you think it is fair. I didn't look at it. He said it is what "the guy" wanted. I paid him, took it and opened it up. Those who complained were those who didn't ask, didn't show interest and would have snapped it up. It was a dog for finish but tight and no cracks or splits in the stock. Cleaned up nice and now some cowboy shooter is having a ball with it.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Taking a profit is not a sin nor is it a crime.

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Booger, if it was a good deal, and you got it and they didn't there just pissed that you were faster to the draw. If you and the seller who is knowledgealbe about the value of what he sold are happy who cares what the other guys think?

13. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Now we have to be responsible for other peoples stupidity? There's this little thing called the internet it is a research tool. If you are to lazy or just don't think about what you are doing why is that my problem?

If you have no idea ask, to much info out there not to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.