1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I only thought I knew PAIN...!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdogtx, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Call Nora Ross and she can teach you to shoot now. :)

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

WIMP!

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I had that done about five years ago, except it was on the upper lid. The worst part was the swelling from the local anesthetic. Some surgeons don't like to use too much, since it can cause some swelling afterwords. You must have chosen a sadist for a surgeon. What helped me was that the surgeon knew I was a shooter and had a twisted sense of revenge, or at least led him to believe so. We were also personal friends at the time, and still are, so it couldn't have been that bad. My biopsy came back benign.

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I swore Larry the Cable guy told a similar story! Sorry bout your pain.

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Great story... but OUCH!! Glad it was you and not me. Get better and take lots of recreational drugs. Fred

6. Janet

Janet TS Member

I have had cataracks removed painlessly and can't imagine why the doctor couldn't have given you something more efficient for the pain. Sorry.

Janet

7. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Some folks can handle pain and others...........Post-2

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I always thought that I could handle pain well also. That is, till I was out in the woods hunting a few years back, when the pain hit me. You know the "gotta go now" pain.

Being in a hurry to get em down, I failed to look around me to see what kind of situation I might be getting into.

Upon finishing, a bear trap that was previously un-noticed by me, as it was covered by leaves, was sprung and the jaws clamped down on the object closest to it. Ya can probably imagine what that was. If ya have ever heard the saying about having "your nu_s in a wringer, ya can imagine the pain that I was in. Lemme tell ya, it was terrible, didn't know what I was gonna do.

Butttttttt, that's not the WORST pain I ever had to endure. Nope, not at all. When I hit the end of the chain that the trap was tied to, now lemme tell ya somethin, that was PAINNNNNN for sure.

9. pduryee

pduryee TS Member

girlyman

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I have to think you had the wrong Dr. Dude. I had a Basel Cell Carcinoma taken off the lower eyelid some years back and while the view was disconcerting, I had no pain until the expected ache long after the happy juice wore off. I may have been very lucky that my skin doc sent me to a plastic surgeon in this case, which the ins. company didn't like at all. I feel for your problem though!....Bob Dodd

11. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Rich, sorry bout your pain...but you sure are a good story teller. Take care and hope all is well. puablo

12. Janet

Janet TS Member

trapshootinhippie Is that story really true and if so how did you get out of the bear trap??

13. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Janet,
    [1] of course it's true, and
    [2] I'm never tellin

But, I will say this much. A hunter always carries a sharp knife.

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Man up panti waist gp shoot some targets and get over it

15. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I'd give a million dollars for a picture but would not pay a penny to try it.
    Post-2

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Janet,

I used to have cataracks, but they fell apart so I got me a rinkin. :)

17. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

SORRY SIR ,

BUT you still don't REALLY KNOW PAIN ! ! !

I Understand that you THINK you know PAIN .

When you try to climb a wall backwards ; when you try to stand on you head and use your arms to do push-ups so that the ache in your head will exceed the agony in your rear-waist and when you try to bend backwards so far that the ache of compression of those (previously mentioned) rear-waist muscles exceed the rapier's pin-point-precisely located mind-blanching , vocal cord numbing-sound suppressing slash passes through (if you are lucky enough to have made it to the ER and gotten DEMEROL , LORTAB , IM-morphine or something your guardian saint has squirreled away for you 'cause she's been with you before - - -

When you become eligible to be a wearer of the "Purple Sandspur" - - - 'cause that's what a kidney-stone looks like - - - then I'll agree that you do indeed "KNOW PAIN" .

Ask members of "Zorro's ZERO'S" - - - (cracked-chests by-pass survivors when the drain tube is removed)if they happen to be members of both fraternaties ; if they have to do ONE OVER - - - WHICH ?

STRONG SUGGESTION :
    IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE SUSEPTIBLE TO A KIDKEY STONE --- get an RX for allopurinol and camp at the foot of the cross .

Charlie

18. Janet

Janet TS Member

Quack Shot, OK so I'm a blond. I meant to say CATARACTS, L.O.L.

What the heck is a rinkin?? Told you I'm a blond, you'll have to explain....

19. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm not trying it it will hurt to much!

20. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.