1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I NEED YOUR HELP--THANKS.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bo, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo

bo TS Member

WHILE SHOOTING DOUBLES A FRIEND NOTICED THAT AFTER THE FIRST SHOT MY GUN COMES OFF OF MY FACE NO MATTER HOW MUCH I TRY TO KEEP IT IN PLACE..AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE..THE SECOND SHOT PLACES THE STOCK EVEN FURTHER OFF OF MY FACE..MY QUESTION IS THIS..WHAT WOULD MAKE A STOCK COME AWAY FROM MY FACE AND AT THE SAME TIME ALLOW IT TO MOVE DOWNWARDS? THIS DOWNWARD MOVEMENT IS A MYSTERY TO ME--I AM GOING TO VIDEO SHBOOTING THIS WEEK BUT JUST AS YOU THINK THAT YOU KNOW IT ALL,SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS--MY SCORES ARE IN THE 90 RANGE-SOMETIMES LOWER--TOO MUCH LOWER. PLEASE HELP. THANK-YOU--DJM.

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Does your gun come off your face or does your face come off the gun?

Rollin

3. Grump

Grump TS Member

There is a way to stop this: You take a piece of strong line attach a large fish hook on each end. Take the hooks around and under the stock, hook one each in your ears you will not pick head after the first time. Gets a little messy but stops the head lift.

Just work on keeping your head down, hard to do. Lots of luck. I have foud if you do not try so hard it sometimes is better. The more you concentrate on one thing the less you do where it counts. Put your head down and call, less time to think. Just having fun in the first part but it does work if you can stand it. Grump

4. mcginty

mcginty TS Member

put a $20.00 bill between your stock and your face and tell your shooting
    buddy that he can have it if it falls. you will keep your head on the stock. if that doesn't do it, make it a $50.00. should do it ! Dean

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

irfner gave some good advice. Shooting singles and handicap is a good place to practice keeping your head on the stock after shooting. This is a good practice even for the unfortunate shooters who do not shoot doubles.

Pat Ireland

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Gun for sale? What kind of gun are you going to be selling? How much do you want for it?

also ... WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING??? or do you not know how to turn off the caps lock key?

Give your friend a stick with explicit instructions to smack you on the side of the head each time he sees you lift your head off the gun ... get smacked a few times and you will learn real fast to keep your head on the gun.

7. bo

bo TS Member

Thank-you all for the good advice.I will certainly try these remedies.All the best to you. DJM>

8. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

"MY SCORES ARE IN THE 90 RANGE" If you shoot doubles in the 90s you do not have a problem. Last time I checked, 93 is AA - if 6 classes it is 92. A 90 is class A - and I don't think you can hold a 90 average if you have the defective mechanics you mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.