1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I need to buy trophies for shoots

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by yvonne, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I've been in charge of buying trophies for our end of the year awards for several years. I've bought some great ones that everyone loves, but need some new ideas. If you supply trophies, please email me so I can get a quote from you. I think we usually buy around 20 of them. Thanks!

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Yvonne, You might try to contact Lonesomecharlie.com They have a nice assortment of leather type gifts, that shooters would like. I know a vendor for them and the owner will work with you. Best of Luck, hope this helps you out and Break-em all. JEff

3. philk

philk Member

0   0   0

Don`t know how much your planning to spend on each but have you considered boxes of factory shells as trophies? Personally I`d much rather have a few boxes of shells to use but then again maybe the younger kids would like to have a trophy to put on the shelf at home.

4. lisalong

lisalong Member

0   0   0

If you want some unique "custom" trophies, try Eldreth Pottery. Google for the website.

5. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Yvonne,

Seen lots of different trophies at many shoots.

To me, no trophy says it better than a Shamrock bag. Functional and look great at the club or look great on the shelf.

Even the shell holders, buckles and card wallets are great for smaller shoots.

my 2 cents...

SW

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

Good people to deal with...quality trophies.

Curt

7. BudLight

BudLight Member

0   0   0

Yvonne, Most trapshooters are OLD! Me included. Give trophies to the "New" shooter class, junior and sub junior! We old guys have lil dust collecters everywhere. For us- put out some cookies! :) Ron

8. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

we get ours from crown awards. vert reasable prices

9. yvonne

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The trophies are for club shoots....Club championships, winter and summer leagues, etc. We try to keep the cost down and hope some of the new shooters get to win a trophy! Wish Shamrock bags were in the budget (I'd hope to win one!) We give the trophies out at the annual Christmas Party and it's more the recognition and camaraderie that goes along with club shoots. (After a few beers, good food and dancing anything looks good!) Thanks for the suggestions....I appreciate it!

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Our club stopped giving out trophies a few years ago. They give out books of shooting tickets instead. The members really like shooting for free, instead of having trophies gathering dust on a shelf or sitting in a closet. HMB

11. yvonne

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I hope I've emailed everyone back. I have a board meeting this Sunday and need to have pictures and ideas. I will copy all of this and bring it along with anything anyone sends me in an email. I'd especially like pictures, dimensions, prices, etc from the suppliers. Also comments on the trophy quality....your satisfaction (or dissatisfaction) Thanks a bunch!

12. darwinbene

darwinbene Member

0   0   0

Yvonne: You might try this web site: rmclaysports.com. On the right side of the page there is a link to their trophies. They are not the usual things, I don't think. They have been excellent to work with, I think you would like them.

Darwin

13. yvonne

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Am still trying to get a list together and some good pictures and prices. I've tried emailing Jim Beasley (Tilden) but the email won't go thru. Jim....If you see this would you please send me prices to above email. I brought what was sent to me to today's meeting. We LOVE Jim White's Buckle Art, but have given them out a couple of years in a row. Looks like the budget allows $20 to $30 per trophy....Club champion plus 3 classes in Trap, Skeet and 5 Stand, HOA, etc.....

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

Yvonne...

Call Jim on his 800 number. He's really a good guy to deal with and understands the fiscal problems of small clubs/organizations.

Curt

15. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

i won a couple of trophies last week at no lawrence ohio shoot. They had a 6 inch clay tile with the name of the club, date, event all sealed in the face of the clay tile. they can be used for hot plate setter-onners--trivits. I can try and get you in touch with the person that made them. They look real cool and can't be that expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.