1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I need to buy pepper spray in N.Y. can you help?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by need to shoot more, Jul 22, 2013.

1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

Just as stated, I was told pepper spray is leagle in N.Y. if the following is true? 18 yrs old, no prior issuses with law enforcement and it is purchased in N.Y. My Daughter is going to school in N.Y. city and I wanted to buy some for her.P.M. if you can help me with this?

Jim

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Pepper Spray IS legal in NYC under certain circumstances.

First, you must be at least 18 years of age or older to both purchase and carry pepper spray.

Second, you must have no history of felony convictions or assaults.

Third, the pepper spray MUST be purchased from an authorized dealer, pharmacy, or gun dealer.

Fourth, when you do buy the pepper spray, you must complete a form with your name, address, birth date, and signature.

Also be aware that you CAN NOT bring pepper spray that was purchased in another state into NYC. Also, you can not give pepper spray to any minor.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Pepper_Spray_legal_to_carry_in_NYC

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Bob Schultz, Target Shotguns have something even better ... He is an advertiser and poster on TS.Com ... The little pistols he has work great, got two for my wife ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The Wasp spray is a good suggestion, police often suggest folks keep a can on or near their desks, in car ect. Works like a charm./ Jake

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

Spray some wasp spray into the palm of your hand and take a whiff. Let it splash off your hand as you do so. Now do the same with pepper spray. Tell me which you would rather your wife or girlfriend fight off an assault with. Wasp spray is for in an office where pepper spray isn't allowed due to company rules or culture.

6. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

"leagle"? Legal?

7. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

hornet (wasp) spray will put anyone down, they will HAVE to go to the hospital. AND it is legal.

8. lc

lc TS Member

0   0   0

Kimber has pepper blaster that cost about $35.00. It comes out at 90mph and reaches 13 feet. Bought it from Target shotguns. Wife carries it with her.

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

I'd go with the wasp spray. Surely they sell it in New York. No forms to fill out, no license, no reciept, and no nothing. But, I don't live in New York.

10. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

I'd go with a big gulp the liberals will run like hell!!

11. need to shoot more

0   0   0

a can of wasp spray is NOT practile for the pocket book,I did not know about the Pharmacy.
    Thanks to all,
    Jim

12. need to shoot more

0   0   0

C.E. I thoght your were making progress there for a little bit, guess i was wrong.She is going to school in Manhattan ( white collar crime area) and living in the upper east side.Yes there are criminials every where waiting for the right moment on the right person at the right time. I pray that she be fine and be sucessful in life.

Jim

13. need to shoot more

0   0   0

YOU ARE AN ASS
    Good Night

14. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Boy, did this conversation go down hill....