1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I need some perspective...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigkiller, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I'm quitting smoking and, in a moment of poor judgment, paid too much for an item on eBay. It's a used Bushnell radar gun, for which I paid $70. Unfortunately, I could have gotten the same item new at Amazon for 3 more dollars.

Have any of you screwed up like this?

I've been kicking myself all week.

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Don't kick yourself, we have all done something like this before. Be thankful it was only $3 more new instead of being taken for a lot more.

Bryan

3. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Thanks, Bryan. You're right.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Before you buy an item google search and get pricing.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Amazon charges me 9.8% Washington State sales tax. I try to buy out of Utah at Overstock.com. No tax and $2.95 shipping.

They are shipping me a new TV for the Super Bowl.

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

That's hardly a big screw up, you saved three bucks!

And consider: Everything you or anybody else owns is not new! Think about it...

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

@ least you didn't spend $3 more LOL.

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

BTW, w/ what cigarettes cost, you've probably already paid for your radar gun several times over by quitting. My dad quit cigars Jan 1, and he'll hit $400 in savings halfway through tomorrow (2 packs of 5/day @ $7/pack).

9. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

But Ebay has those famous little words and the end of an auction "YOU WON!!" you aren't the only one that paid more than you should have. I've been there!!! But atleast "I WON!!!"

10. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Sorta like WINNING a $20.00 Lewis that cost $30.00 to get in?

Jere

11. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

I hate supporting a corporation that is getting big, but they are giving wally-world a run now. I have personally found almost anything that I want on ebay can found on amazon for about the same or less and usually new. But only 3 dollars, it could have been worst.

Just my .02

John MI

12. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yeah, about a month ago I was on Ebay and found a really cool looking "vintage" Daisy BB gun rack. The bid started at $55, so I bid it at $60. A couple of days later, I found out that the VERY same rack was currently being produced (in China) and it was $29 new. Lucky for me, a bigger sucker came along and out bid me! LOL!!!

I soon received Emails stating that the seller has more of these and he would accept my bid. I bet he would!

Jb

13. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Guys, you really made me laugh--and made me feel better about my screwup. And you're right--by quitting smoking I'll save a boatload of money (guess where that will go? Right back to the range). I have to say, though, I've made quite a few off-track decisions while quitting. I'll chalk it up to the weird workings of smoking-related anxiety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.