1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I need replacement Release Trigger Stickers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I need replacement release trigger stickers, can someone help me out on this. E-mail me for my address.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. markc2

markc2 Member

You can get them from Gamaliel Shooting Supply. www.gamaliel.com

3. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

Or you can make them yourself. I print them on Avery 1 1/4" Red Glow Labels #5497. Buy at Office Depot or Staples. Go to Avery Label website and they have a template you can download that opens up in MS Word. I then use a large font--I think it is 72, capital "R" with boldface print. You print 8 of them on a page and they look just great and would be hard to miss in the dark! Well, almost. You can print them up for yourself and all your pals. The ones at the gun stores are all overpriced and you get stuck on shipping too in my opinion. Walter

benedict1_2010_210320.jpg

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Is there any rule or regulation in the ATA, that requires these stickers? Furthermore; if your gun is unique why would you need a sticker?

Maybe to remind "YOU", that you have a release trigger.

Phil Berkowitz

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Phil--Try having an open mind. If he or i wants to put a release sticker on our gun, don't worry about it. It is no rule and the sticker affects you in no way what-so-ever. Its no different then porting a gun. You may not like it but others do. Its simple Personal choice. I put one on my gun because it seems to bother certain people for whatever reasons.

6. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

"I put one on my gun because it seems to bother certain people for whatever reasons.
    "

I LIKE that!

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

These were purchased from one of our friends on this forum. Bought a bunch of the big ones and the little ones to give to my friends for their guns with "Release" triggers.....

FRedmon

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Really tore up those targets at your state shoot huh?

9. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

It's not a personal preference here: gun clubs are requiring it. I think it started more with skeet and clays shooting. I shoot at one club where if I don't have a sticker on the gun I can't shoot. Simple as that.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Got Stickers Thanks.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Benedict1,

Would love to know the logic behind a club requireing a release trigger sticker.

Eric

12. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

BR
    There was a shooter that picked up another club members gun that was identical to his but had a release trigger. I believe he called a target pulled the trigger nothing happened then let it go firing barrel 1 he was startled. Brought the gun down, opened it all looked OK reloaded same thing. Shot 1 round then his friend came over to take a look, he reloaded to his surprise the gun didn't go off he let go it went off scared him he turned and shot his friend "mistaken owner" in the foot.

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Ok-some clubs require them-on one of my guns the trigger guard has the letter R engraved; furthermore if you have a unique gun, I honesty believe the reason for having a sticker is BS. Just incase care a piece of masking tape & a red magic marker.

Phil Berkowitz

14. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

A few years ago, Carlisle Fish & Game had a ATA shoot on a beautiful Sunday. Close to the time entries, for singles was to close, an older gentleman came in and inquired if he could still sign up.

After signing up and knowing he had a little time before his squad went out, he went to the kitchen area and ate and drank a soda. He was telling everyone he had rushed over to the club after playing 18 holes of golf with his friends in the morning.

Making a long story short....on the third trap--post one---he suddenly kneeled over face first, falling on his gun. He had passed away from a heart attack. When his squad members went to turn him over to see what was wrong.....one person was standing by his head and when another person went to get his gun from his hand the gun went off because it had a release trigger. The shot pattern just missed the shooter by this gentlemans head, by an inch. It scared the rest of the squad. That guy was lucky.

So maybe---safety--might be a reason.

Vern

15. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 Member

You release trigger shooters should wear hunter orange so we know who you are. Jr

16. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 Member

With a big "R" on it

17. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

If any one shoots some one or any thing not down range with a release known or unknown they have done something else that they should not have done for safety. If you handle you gun properly it will only discharge down range. Tom

18. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Benchrest -

At my club a few years ago we had two trap fields open, just shooting practice. My squad got called so I went to the rack and couldn't find my gun (Browning XT at the time). Looked all around and couldn't find it, so took a trip out to the field and found a guy shooting my gun. He shot the entire round with it, and didn't know it wasn't his until I pointed out his nearly identical XT sitting in the rack.

So to answer your question, yes I have seen someone pick up someone elses gun and call for a bird without knowing he has someone elses gun.

Scott

19. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

As the trapshooting population continues to become older because fewer kids and young adults are particpating, perhaps we are nearing the time when release triggers won't be as much of an exception and all trap guns will have be labeled "P" or "R". Won't that just be wonderfully politically correct?

I don't know which is less safe - a release trigger shooter shooting a pull trigger by mistake or vice-versa. At least when the pull trigger shooter pulls the trigger on a release trigger gun and nothing happens, he knows something's amiss. The release trigger shooter with a pull trigger gun has no such warning.

Ed

20. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Here you go.

yoda100_2008_030390.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

release trigger sticker

release trigger stickers
shotgun release triggers