1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I need info on coin access/cards for trap/skeet/5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yvonne, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I am on the Executive Board for my Shotgun Committee at a club that has over 800 members. We are considering putting a test field on the trap range to reduce the amount of waisted targets. I know NOTHING! It's my job to research clubs that have used this type of machine, etc. I've googled and see Briley has a system we might be able to use. Can anyone, with experience give me some sites to look at. Give me your views on using them at your club. Cost? ANY help!!!!
    Thanks! Yvonne

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Call Mike Elton at Golden West Inds. They sell and service both types.

3. Papineau

Papineau TS Member

I know 4 clubs that have installed them, none have removed them. I also have information from one club that the ROI for 4 fields was less than two years. There are several manufacturers of these devices. One has a plastic key with a chip in it to bank the target counter, you get lots of information on when and who and how often, etc. Can be very useful for managers.

4. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

The club I belong to went to the Briley coin system because we were losing money on the skeet and trap fields with people not recording the birds they were shooting. After less than one year the shotgun sports were in the black and paying the bills of the club. You get 27 birds with each token so we have more that enough birds to cover look at and broken birds. You can also over ride the tokens when you have shoots.

5. yvonne

WHAT should I be googling or websites please! I know NOTHING about this. The club has been around since 1929....I think some of the original members are still there! ;)

6. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

One of my local clubs after installing the Briley coin machines reduced the clay bird lose from 40% to 4%.

7. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

Check with Bob Schultz Target Guns..he has a couple of different system...

Ron H.

8. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yvonne, I've heard a lot of great things about Bob Schultz Target Mizer II system.
    See website with prices above. Harv

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

Jacksonville Trap and Skeet tried the Target mixer but replaced it with the Briley system. Works great.

T

10. 34model12

34model12 Member

Yvonne, We purchased a system called Lite Release about ten years ago and wouldn't ever go without them!!! Lite Release was purchased by Canterbury several years ago and is now sold by Bob Schultz. The system is a token machine attached to a brain box that can be set to how many birds per token, how many birds in reserve for "lets see one" or broken birds and a setting so that the trap machine will shut down before it runs out of birds. The tokens are sold to the shooters by the club cashier and can be used anytime and the tokens are of differing sizes. You don't want tokens being used at your club that weren't purchased at your club. These machines, at our club, has settled a long standing problem between our practice people and the game shooters. Voice calls or standard buttons can be plugged right into this system for use. The brain box also has two keyed switches to set them up for doubles and to bypass them for registered shoots. We now have four systems in use. When we first bought them they were $575.00 and the last one we got was $875.00. Let me know if you need any more info! The new name for these systems is Target Mizer II. Tom Boyd

11. Papineau

Papineau TS Member

Lots of possibilities with this system.

12. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

We've got tokens on skeet & trap fields, and a card system on the sporting courses. www.northbrooksportsclub.org

Contact Brett Seibert, club mgr. Northbrook Sports Club, Hainesville IL

13. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The big thing with any such systems is use with voice release.

The club needs to educate it's shooters on talking and those who use semi's, as closing the bolt at the wrong time on a sensitive speaker can cause a target to be launched.

Great systems, your just going to have some unhappy campers if you don't educate!

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The coin systems tend to be problematic if your club staff is not into PM. The coin mechanism is made of pot metal and needs occasional service.

Promatic's card system is pretty bulletproof, takes a little orientation of staff and members.

Talkative shooters on the Canterbury Trap line will get cranky until they learn the ropes.

15. skinnykid

skinnykid TS Member

Yvonne, Our club installed the Briley system 2 years ago. We also purchased a token vending machine with it, that way you don't need someone to over see token sales! We are in the northeast, and have had zero problems with it. The system was paid for in 1 year. We figured our loses before the Briley at about 35%. They work fine with the voice activated systems also. There will be a learning curve for your members (talking over mics,looking at targets, etc,etc), but they will learn after they run out of targets once or twice! If you need more info, please PM me....Good luck, Dana

16. drgondog

drgondog Member

Yvonne - Dallas Gun Club - 972 462 0043 - Jim Tyrell Manager.

We use a variety of automated devices including coupled phono pull voice activation as well as token actuated controllers - but for Bunker and Five Stand.

We also use Card Swipe devices on Sporting Clays to record the number of targets you shoot - which also have delay controls when you want to shoot alone.

Jim can brief you on what we use and why we bought them... as well as any issues we have had with them

Regards,

Bill

17. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

the club i am groundsman at {townsville australia] has recently installed the longrange system that uses a swipe card not the key system, so far the best thing we have done. we are now getting paid for all the targets we throw. cheers skeeter

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

19. yvonne

WOW! Thank you for the responses. I'm going to try and call or PM all those of you that can help me further on this. I think I'll go into this meeting with alot more info than I ever thought I'd have. I really appreciate it! Yvonne

20. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Good luck Yvonne. Interesting that no matter what the system spoken of here, you get more positive than negative comments for the results. Bob BTTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.