1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help with my Mec.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a 8567 and was reloading when I pulled the handle and it wouldn't go all the way down nor will it release and come back up. I don't have a clue on how to get it up, it appears to be hung in the resize/primer removal station(the first station). The hull that is in that station will not come back up. Anyone have any suggestions. Jackie B.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

shooting jack

Ok it has been years since I used a MEC but I think the model number might be the grabber series that I had in the past.

If it is then I think you have a piece of shot hung between the fingers of the resizer.

ok you said you can't move it and is hung maybe try to remove the side link from the resizer if that makes any sense like I said it has ben years since I had one but I thought it was like a master link that could be removed and if so then unhook the resizer operation.

then maybe the loader will go up and down.

I will have to look on the net to see if your model is like the one I had and also look at the parts in the diagram.

But I say just try to figure out how to unhook the resizer and after you do and you get the handle back up then pull the rod out of the resizer and look for something hanging it up go ahead and clean it real good with something like brake cleaner or starting fluid then re oil if you want.

Ok I will try to do some net surfing but im sure oters out there that are using the same model can fill you in a lot quicker.

Foghorn

3. Shooting Jack

I'll go try that right now. Thanks Jackie B.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

New to reloading, I had my 650 jam up. took the bottles off fliped the bar back. The bar itself was jammed. sheard shot got hung up. mine does not have resizer. but with bar tilted back handle may move isolating problem.

5. Shooting Jack

This is a Grabber and I got it loose but it's still not operating properly. Two pierces of shot came out but it still wants to hang so I will dismantle it for a good cleaning with engine or brake cleaner then reapply the antiseize on the resizer collet and try it again. Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.