1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

i need help i have to do a research paper

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by boss 200, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boss 200

boss 200 TS Member

i have to do a research paper and i would like to do it on trap shooting but i need places to look for info does aney one know were i can get some info on it thanks

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

First, you need to get a dictionary and correct your spelling... spelling counts!! Many gun stores have books on trap shooting: The Gun Digest of Trap and Skeet Shooting is very thorough and non-technical. Fred

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Come on now people ... he is most likely just a freshman or sophomore in college and has yet been taught how to spell or proper grammatical structure. He is most assuredly public or home schooled where anything other than saying congratulations your now graduated and ready for the world was taught to him or he could be in the 2nd or 3rd grade and truly be interested in the sport and wishes to do a paper on the topic. This could be our future SCTP champion people ... be kind ... lets help him out with more than just nasty commentary about his very poor or most excellent (depending on exactly what grade he is in) spelling and grammar.

Sad ... the future is truly sad with people such as he around to take over.

4. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

"congratulations your now graduated" .......... Don't you just hate it when someone doesn't know WHEN to use "you're" in a sentence??????

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

yvonne ... what I hate most is when people cant recognize when somebody is trying to prove a point and if your going to try and bust somebodies chops why not fully bust them on the grammatical errors as well or ... well I'll be nice. ;-)

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Yvonne:

Good for you!!

Last year we had the daughter of a club member do a 12th grade report and presentation on Trapshooting. She used the writing portfolio feature article format. She also had a video tape of herself shooting a few targets and demonstrating gun safety.

I believe that she got an “A”.

Her high school also has a Marine JROTC unit that has won national awards for drill and ceremony.

There are lots of great kids out there if you look for them.

Look for a copy of Trapshooting with the Remington Pros by D. Lee Braun. It has a great section on trapshooting history. You may also want to get copies of the Grand American Program and the program from your state shoot.

7. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Sorry Lumper....Didn't mean to bust your chops. I used to be a Proof Reader in my working days. Text books, Advertising, Corporate reports, etc.... Your error just kinda jumped out at me. When someone, as controversial as yourself, makes an error in grammar, you just beg people to take the LUMP and comment on it ;) (Now remember, I'm retired from my working days and enjoying my days shooting....I may have made an error in grammar) Maybe I just meant to say....Bite Me!

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Yvonne,

Do not argue with Lumper. He has insufficient cranial capacity to comprehend your erudite remarks. In other words he is an idiot. HMB

9. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Yvonne: Your the pha-shizzle ("pha-shizzle"from the ebonics dictonary) It's all good.....Nuc

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I did one over 30 years ago.

I would recommend you get a copy of the book or books by Jimmy Robinson, and other like the late Dick Baldwin. The history of the Grand, the 75th is what I have and it has great history. I would suspect that a good research paper should, however, have many book, periodicals, etc. to reference.

I would not recommend too many Ibid's.

Whiz

11. BBMAX

BBMAX TS Member

Good morning "bos200" and "TShooter92" - if you email me I will send you some material as an attachment that I give my shooters to follow up instruction specifically of Mental Management while shooting and a Training schedule which might help your project. Have a great Thanks Giving Holiday.

Bruce Maxwell

12. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Being married to a pretty decent shooter, and being a substitute teacher, mom and former student who did a term paper on trapshooting, I would be glad to help you. If you have questions, you can email to above address or call me at home 573-985-8237. Trapshooting teaches more than how to break a clay target, good luck with you project.

13. boss 200

boss 200 TS Member

I was in spelling class. For the record I have a Associates degree in business and I am working on my bachleors degree.
    And yes, I was asked to write a paper on trap shooting. My English teacher knows that I am a very good trap shooter and compete often. He also knows I've been a, AA-27-AA shooter, for two years now, and so he wanted to know about the history of trap shooting. I had no problom telling him that I would do the paper. Because it would be easy to do but it has to be 8 pages so I just wanted to know were I could get books on the history of trap shooting, so that I could sight my sources.
    Now that you all know that thanks to kalaannharrison@hotmail.com I got what I need and for the rest of the so called helpers if you don't want to help don't. PS I bet that you are all perfect in every thing you do. Thanks

14. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

bos: I believe that you received some very serious consideration from some well educated people... several of us have master and doctorate degrees in education and have some standing in trap shooting. A few of us are retired school administrators and or are now university professors. So when I offer advice that SPELLING COUNTS it is meant in all sincerity. I am pleased that Karla us helping you -- make sure she proof reads your paper. Fred

15. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Dear bos 200:

Please consider visiting the Trapshooting Hall of Fame web site. The trapshooting time line should give you a good start and there is alot of information about our history as well as pictures you can copy. Please credit your sources.

I am also available to provide help if you feel you need it. Please know that you have a wonderful opportunity to educate others about a great sport. It has been reported that the earliest mention of trap shooting in the United States is 1831 at the Cincinnati Gun Club (OH). If base ball was really invented by Abner Doubleday (1939), then we predate the game of homeruns.

Good luck,

Kenny Ray Estes
    Trapshooting Hall of Fame

16. Lurch

Lurch TS Member

Bos200,
    IF you really are a AA-27-AA shooter you wouldn't mind giving us your real name or ATA number would you?????

Tic

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

pweld: U've tog ym vtoe!

Just switch some of the key-caps around...

Whiz

18. boss 200

boss 200 TS Member

fred, Thanks for your comments and sorry, yes some people were trying to help. I do appreciate that. Although it seems that every time that I ask for help I get some people that just want someone to make fun of. Because I'v put up with it for so long I sometimes get tired of it. So thanks to all that did help me with information.

If any one wants to know what I shoot, provide your email address and I will provide you information so you can look it up in the ATA average book.

19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Suggest go to Amazon.com and get the out of print version re. clay target shooting by the late Art Blatt. "Good students copy, great students plagerize"...

I also must be a trapshooter; Art once threw a hull at me at the Palmdale F&F 'cause I was talking too loudly at the back fence. Godspeed Art, you are still missed.

20. boss 200

boss 200 TS Member

MARGAY223 THANKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.