1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I need a website designed & hosted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Stockfitting.com worked just fine until last weekend when it went down as did my domain email address stopped receiving emails. Stockfitting.com existed for sales of my book, "Stock Fitter's Bible."

I am unable to contact the host of my site and need a new website designed, ideally, by someone who is familiar with clay target shooting. I looked online for website hosting and design but the only top rated one who disigns as well as hosts uses east Indian designer. Because of my experiences with HP tech support, I will not deal with Indians.

I opened a gmail account and am stuck with that email address until a new site can be designed and my domain email address can be activated.

Rollin

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Rollin,

Go to utahtrapshooters.com and get in touch with the webmaster there. I'm sure Mark would be happy to help you.

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

If you can use, Geovario for you hosting. They are one of the only hosting companies that actively support the 2nd Amendment. I've been using them for almost 4 years now and their customer service and quality of service has been outstanding.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hmm...and here I thought India might be a potential growth market for "Stock Fitting Secrets."

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Do you have backups of your website saved from before it went offline?

6. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

I use Beth Lenger at ealenger designs. (Click on link above) She designs, maintains the website at very reasonable cost. She is familiar with shooting and hunting and will fix any problems you are having immediately.

Sue at Pine Tree Sportswear

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://shortpockets.net/

8. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

My company can help you with your web development. I sent you an email.

David

9. Rollin Oswald

I was finally contacted by the guy who was/is hosting the Website. He claimed to have done nothing to take the site down and screw up emails.

He is sending me the files for the site so I will need only the site and my domain email address reestablished.

Thanks to you, I have received the names of several people I will contact when the files arrive.

Thank you for your help.

Rollin

10. JPM

JPM Member

I'd recommend that you contact Cindy Barton who owns ShootersPages.com. She can be reached at cbarton22@aol.com She is extremely competent and a terrific person. JPM

11. Rollin Oswald

I haven't a clue to what happened but my Website is back up and working normally.

I suspect that the guy hosting it discovered what he had done and corrected it.

Thank you all for your offered help and suggestions.

Rollin

12. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Rollin

email sent

ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.