1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I need a Press and 22-250 dies to reload shells

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

0   0   0

Looking for a used press and dies for 22-250, I want to reload some 22-250s
    am looking at the 40-50 grain hollow or SP bullets for Coyotes.

One other thing, in the Army we used to sight in our Brand New M1 rifles at the 1,000 inch range which is 27.7 yards, before going to thye Trainfire range at Fort Knox Kentucky at basic training.

A friend told me 30 feet at an X and hit the X in the center and it would be on at 200 yards, is there any proofin this theory.

I need to shoot off a rest as I can not hold the gun steady amymore

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. mark54

mark54 Member

0   0   0

On at 30yds & on again at another distance, will vary with every caliber & every load & bullet.

mark54

3. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

0   0   0

Gary I would set your rifle up for a 100yds first then go from there.

A good bullet to use would be a V-Max 50gr over a HP ... the V-Max will fly a lot better if you get in to a little wind. I would also use a Extreme powder like Varget. The extreme powder will not change on you if you shooting in hot or cold weather like some powder will do.

Sorry I don't have a press for sale or dies.

If you need a little help I be happy to help you out.

I have only shot trap for 6 years now but I have shot long range rifles for years and won a lot of awards from it. PM me if you need help!

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The answer to your question depends on how high above the center line of the bore is the scope is mounted. Also as stated above the load you use will also be part of the equation. HMB

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Gary, If your looking for a Redding competition bullet seater die I have one $25 + shipping.
    [​IMG]

6. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

Please buy a quality reloading manual and study it first, then a quality scale. High intensity centerfire cartridges are not to be taken lightly. You will have everything from head space to seating depth issues to deal with, and the brass will flow into the neck.....brass can thin in the area of the end of the chamber, and that can lead to case head separations......do it right. Don't ever take for granted, the power that centerfire cartridges are capable of. A 22-250 or a 300 WBY... not much difference when it comes to damage due to a case failure. Actually the 300 is probably safer.

Sorry, but alarms are going off.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Did you find a set of dies and a press

Where are you located?

Gene

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

HMB is right quite a few varibles. Click on the link and enter the information. There are 3 .22-250 grain weights to choose from. I would think 30 yards not 30 feet would be closer at 200 yards.

Wayne

9. rrose

rrose TS Member

0   0   0

I have a used RCBS jr press would sell for $40 or an RCBS rockchucker press would sell for $75. Both are plus shipping, are used in good shape,
    randy

10. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

0   0   0

Shot 250's alot years ago 39gr. h380 55gr.v max if I remember correctly 11/2" hi at 200yd would put you really close from about 50yd. out to 500 not talking same hole close but good for prarie dogs and for sure good for ground hogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.