1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I must have been REALLY GOOD this year

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zelmo96, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

My wife let me order a new K-80 combo. I feel like a little kid. I lucked out when she traded down. I hope everyone has a great Christmas( not holiday ) and be sure to pray for our troops. My prayers go out to all this year especially those who lost loved ones. We have all lost some of our trapshooting brothers and sisters. Peace and good shooting to all. Al Baker

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Tell your wife i was a good boy too...

Matt

3. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

She does have a single sister that works for Sigarms and is very generous. I know all trapshooters are good, I hope you get what you deserve.

4. grntitan

"She does have a single sister that works for Sigarms and is very generous"

Dammit. Where was she when i was single? My wife would probably frown on the idea of dating your wifes sister. LOL

Matt

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was ... That tells me I'm going to get something really good again this year ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

WPT, I too have used that phrase, now with the arrival of the "little blue wonder" my wife of 40 years finally agrees with me. LOL, Happy days are here again. Jake

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

What does Aleve do ..? I'll have to try it sometime, do you take it only if you have a head ache or if she has one ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I don't understand the line "my wife let me". You guys with wives have to ask permission to do anything? That's really sad.

Eric

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Eric, it is a ploy, things are much happier when our spouses believe it is "with their permission and approval" that we are allowed privilidges and rewards.

Wpt, you grabed the wrong bottle brother! Jake

10. missed some

missed some TS Member

better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, things get done quicker that way

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Good for you Al, looking forward to watch you smoke a few with it this year. Bob

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Keep them confused, that way there is nothing to argue about ... Its like the old dress that you never seen before that the wife says has been hanging in the closet for a long time ... My wife don't wear anything thats been hanging in the closet for a long time, she is the Official recycler for the Salvation Army ... She gives them stuff she hasn't even taken the tags off of yet and she don't wear clothes with the tags on them either ... I always surprise my wife by telling her your not going to believe what I bought and then she gives me ideas with her responses ... She always guess's, new truck, new gun, new bowling ball and so on ... I usually tell her I bought her a new bowling ball and its a 16 pounder, she says she can't use a 16 pounder, so I do her a favor and use it for her so it don't just sit there ... I bought her a MX8/2000 combo last week and the stock is too long so I'll just have to shoot it ... I'm not sure what I'm going to get her for Christmas but I'm sure it'll be something I will really like ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

It's a lot like Yac's wife's dresses...once you get it into the house, most of them wouldn't know a new gun from an old gun, just don't let them see you carry it into the house in a box..heh heh.

Larry

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You better not have married a wife that shoots then. I know where to find the best stockfitter, and I know Merlyn likes to trade...

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

LMAO@Curvy!!

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I'm with Hap, Curvy you posted a good one there!!! :) Jake

17. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Mixer, if you have a " significant other ", remember all, don't ak don't tell, then you would understand that a large purchase should be discussed. I respect my wife way too much to go behind her back and do that. I asked and she actually convinced me to do it now instead of waiting until I retire. This way I can enjoy it.
    Recurvey, if she wants one all she has to do is ask. Not much shooting for her after the baby was born 4 years ago. My son has the honor of kicking my butt on sundays now.
    Thanks Bob, I hope I can keep up with your new Blaser. Good luck to all and have a great Christmas, Al Baker

18. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

zelmo96,

Had a wife about 25 years ago but she wasn't that significant.

Eric

19. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Sorry about the wife. I hope you have a great Christmas. Shoot well, Al Baker

20. grntitan

Eric--I understand now why you "HAD" a wife........Joking. Its not so much we have to ask. Its a game we play to make them "think" they are in charge. I think you didn't play the game right. I could see how it could look from others eyes though.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.