1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I must be doing something right look how many read

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Look at how many take the time to read my posts, I try to be informative with out being objectionable or slamming anyone.

Jaquas has listened and is offering Sporting Clays Shoot after registered shoot Sunday, But I think the storm from ISSAC is going to p[lay into it.

A club could hold an Annie Oakley after the shoot to make things interesting.

One other point a lot of clubs I shoot at have a roof over the 27 yard line for shade and inclement weather conditions w/ fans for hot weather, and fuel oil heaters in the cold weather w/walls for wind protection and rain.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How about a rolling roof with removable back and sides. Maybe on rails, slides from the 16 to the 27. That would be cool, and serves everyone's needs.....

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

People can't keep from looking at a dead animal in the road, but it's not because it's pretty.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

**snicker**

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Keep up the posts Dr., I enjoy them and I also enjoy the posts from the other Einstein's on this site!!

Curt

FEAB9

6. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Keep the ideas rolling Dr. Longshot.

I was just discussing this idea about clubs having rolling shooter covers last week at the Cardinal Center. I think its a great idea and one more thing to make shooting more enjoyable in sun and rain.

Thinking about the shooters is what will keep clubs in operation.

Historically Speaking . . . . .

The idea of covering the shooting line is not a new one. The New York Times issue of August 29, 1892, "during the New London tournament, the entire score will be covered with canvas."

In May 1895, the Du Pont Powder Co. held a tournament in Cincinnati, OH. Shooters came from all over the country to attend. The May 18th issue of Sporting Life stated: "the shooters were protected by a canopy covering the entire score, and so did not suffer from effects of the sun."

At the New York State Shoot that same year, it was reported "The shooters were protected from the sun by a canvas covering the entire length of the score, and the shooters could watch the work from a canvas-covered shed, which was well appreciated."

Hard to believe that clubs have not embraced the idea of a covered shooting line.

Kenny Ray Estes
    Pittsgrove, NJ

7. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Looks like rain, may not get anything done today.

8. running bear

running bear Member

Hot here in Florida!!

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

At the Evergreen Sportsman Club in Little Rock WA, they have covers that do roll from the 16 to the 27 on the game trap. They are not used for PITA shooting. We're just a bunch of sissies!

Well, it does rain up here a little.

Ajax

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Look at how many take the time to read my posts, I try to be informative with out being objectionable or slamming anyone."

Oh now I understand that is what this is about the number of people that read your posts. If that is the case what happened to this.

"Bringing in something new and inspiring to the ATA to generate more shooter base is what I am for."

So tell us what it is you are for generating a larger shooter base or getting more people to read your posts. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

11. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

I read them for entertainment purposes only. Sometimes pure comic relief reading you folks go at it. Keep up the good work. Creativity sometimes has strange ways...

Eric

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

We had an partial enclosure at an area club years ago but the owner took it down due to the added noise. Have no idea if canvas or any other material would do the same???
    Steve Balistreri

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I saw a pop up shelter at the Grand that was longer than wide. I figure put one of those in the middle with a 12x12 on either end, should cover the whole 16 yard line and maybe the handicaps too. It would take 8 guys to move it all at once, four to move each section.

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Doc, congrats for keeping the dogs barking!!!!!!!! Please don't stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.