1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I miss $1.00 gas.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brian5003, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian5003

brian5003 TS Member

Just filled up and wow!

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You miss $1 gas? Heck I miss .25 gas. Neither of us will ever see those prices again.

Eric

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I miss being in college and buying a case of pounders for 8.05 out the door. I also miss many girls from college. I miss 10.00 a bag shot. Guess what? It's all gone and it ain't ever coming back. I miss my hair all being one color too.

brett d.

4. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

mixer, those were the days weren`t they.

Tom R.

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Brian what do you drive?

I just bought an 07 Honda Civic and got 41mpg on my trip from west ky to cleveland OH last weekend. I cant complain nor do I think that people who drive big honkin SUV's have any room to complain. :)

Forrest

6. chc

chc TS Member

Do you miss working for $0.65 per hour too?

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I remember gas at $0.159 to $0.179 for regular during the periodic "Gas Wars" during the late 60s/early 70s. My recollection was that the price went up just before every holiday weekend, and decreased gradually after. It went up for Memorial Day weekend 1972, and did not go down after. I asked a station owner about it, and he told me the oil companies were talking about an oil shortage, and the price would not be going down again. I was making about $3000 per year as a graduate student in Southern California, and my wife was making about $6000 per year working for a Savings and Loan company. We were driving a '71 Volvo we paid $3150 for, tax and license included, and paid $140 per month rent for a two bedroom unfurnished apartment in Altadena.

On shootem's point, I used to participate in AKC Retriever Field Trials, where another competitor was an emergency room physician near Billings, MT. I was talking to him one time about accidents, and he said that he only drove Suburbans or full-sized pickups. He said his decision was based on what he saw in his professional experience of who survived accidents and who did not. I know when my family goes on trips I'm more comfortable driving our old Suburban in terms of room, comfort, and getting us there in any weather conditions, and if I'm only getting 16/17 mpg, I'll gladly pay the price.

8. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Blizzard,

You miss your hair being one color. Wish I had that problem, I miss my hair.

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Ten years from now you will miss $3 gas.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Zara, give me your address, I'll send you a big new set of balls!!

11. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Ten years from now we will miss $3 gas; we will also miss our guns and miss our right to talk about what America USED to be like

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

everytime i buy gas there goes 1 box of shells per gallon.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Zara..we're here for you buddy...we can bring you back from the dark side.

14. larryjk

larryjk Member

My son commutes 180 miles a day to his work site. All open interstate highway. He drives a 2000 Buick LeSabre that gets about 29 mpg. He won't even think about a more economic car because he has seen too much highway carnage created by big trucks that don't seem to have any sense. They go 90 mph regardless of the weather conditions. This is blizzard country. On ice they can't stop those rigs in a mile. They don't give a damn about other drivers. Little cars are a death trap.

15. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I also miss pulling into a service station where 3 uniformed attendents came out to wash the windows, check the oil and tire pressures and fill it up all for less than $3.00.

Eric

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You will see $6.00 gas by 2010. It has been forcasted since 1999. I was there.

17. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

It amazes me that the fed doesn't take into consideration the price of energy when calculating inflation--the argument that gas and oil prices are too volatile to count is pure bull sh-t. Maybe a few years ago that was true but don't tell me that when gas is anywhere near even 3 dollars or more a gallon and is only showing signs of skyrocketing. Dont piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.EVERYTHING is going up.

18. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Cheapest I ever bought gas was a quarter a gallon. I was in 5th grade and had my first mini-bike then. Those were the good ol' days.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I miss Dixie cups with movie star pictures in the lid.

HM

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I miss "skinny dippin' with the 18 year old twins next door more! [21 yrs. ago]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.