1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I may never vote again

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bisi, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well I hope I'm not around. I'm looking forward to the peace that death will bring. I just don't want to see, hear, Obama on tv, radio, newspaper every day. That is what we have to look forward to - Obama 24/7/365/4years min. I fully expect his picture will be put up on almost every building a la Stalin, Lenin.

2. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Fred, there are lots of people who would change places with you right now. They would do anything to have the opportunity to vote ......win or lose. I'm a senior citizen too and am somewhat offended with those who take our democracy so lightly. I too, am disappointed in the election results but certainly am thankful for the opportunity to live in a really great country.

L. Bornschlegl
    Nebraska

3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

No one was more sick at heart last night than I was. It reminded me of election night in November 1976, when Carter was elected. While America was still mad at Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford ran a very icompetent campaign like McCain. Neither was capable of the type leadership that Ronald Reagan showed.

The next day, a good friend and skeet shooter, said, "Do worry, it wasn't a mandate. We should do all right the next four years." By 1980, he rued his words.

In four years, our recesssion could turn into a depression if Obama tries his Keynesian approach.

Dennis

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Don't worry. Armed with the Patriot Act, Mister Sorento may well see that gunowners aren't around by 2012.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well I hope I'm not around. I'm looking forward to the peace that death will bring. I just don't want to see, hear, Obama on tv, radio, newspaper every day. That is what we have to look forward to - Obama 24/7/365/4years min. I fully expect his picture will be put up on almost every building a la Stalin, Lenin.

6. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Fred, there are lots of people who would change places with you right now. They would do anything to have the opportunity to vote ......win or lose. I'm a senior citizen too and am somewhat offended with those who take our democracy so lightly. I too, am disappointed in the election results but certainly am thankful for the opportunity to live in a really great country.

L. Bornschlegl
    Nebraska

7. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

No one was more sick at heart last night than I was. It reminded me of election night in November 1976, when Carter was elected. While America was still mad at Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford ran a very icompetent campaign like McCain. Neither was capable of the type leadership that Ronald Reagan showed.

The next day, a good friend and skeet shooter, said, "Do worry, it wasn't a mandate. We should do all right the next four years." By 1980, he rued his words.

In four years, our recesssion could turn into a depression if Obama tries his Keynesian approach.

Dennis

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Don't worry. Armed with the Patriot Act, Mister Sorento may well see that gunowners aren't around by 2012.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Be not dismayed, it is supposed to be the will of the people. Which you are one of.

I have been pissing in the wind, voting Libertarian all these years because it is closest to my views.

I will continue to do so. This time I did not because I perceived a danger to my country.

This election went the way it did because too many people voted based on the BS that came out of the TV.

And they made the wrong choice, we all know that.

Do more than vote: talk and act. Get on local campaigns and speak your piece.

Put out yard signs, write letters to the editor. You don't have to get nuts about it but let them know you're there.

HM

10. 2labman

2labman Member

Here are some more quotes from Plato that are apropos today:

"Democracy passes into despotism."

"Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty."

"Entire ignorance is not so terrible or extreme an evil, and is far from being the greatest of all; too much cleverness and too much learning, accompanied with ill bringing-up, are far more fatal."

"Excess generally causes reaction, and produces a change in the opposite direction, whether it be in the seasons, or in individuals, or in governments."

"Excess of liberty, whether it lies in state or individuals, seems only to pass into excess of slavery."

Plato

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Fred, it's only four years we will weather the storm! It's my hope that by then we will have made some recovery from the mess we are currently facing. In four years we may find that a true leader rises like a phoneix but I doubt it. I would agree we can do better than the choices for president that were offered by the two major parties

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Buck up. You should be out celebrating like these folks.

"At least five people were arrested across the city after Barack Obama's rally in Grant Park, including a woman who slapped a Chicago police officer, saying police couldn't arrest her anymore, prosecutors said today.

Most of the others celebrated the historic occasion with gunfire.

Celita Hart, 19, stood silently in court today when she appeared for a bond hearing.

Prosecutors said Hart, who is black, yelled " 'White [expletive], [expletive] McCain--you white police can't do nothing anymore.'" With that, she reached through the window of a squad car and slapped a white male officer in the face, according to Assistant State's Atty. Lorraine Scaduto.

The incident occurred after police responded to a crowd of people celebrating Obama's win on the corner of 69th Street and Western Avenue. Hart, of the 7100 block of South Rockwell Street, was charged with aggravated battery of a police officer and was ordered her held in lieu of $10,000 bail.

Others who appeared before Circuit Judge Israel Desierto included Andre Murph, 37, of Aurora, who was arrested after police saw him shooting a handgun into the ground on the Southwest Side.

Scaduto said he told the officers he was "shooting to celebrate Obama as president."

Narada Thomas, 23, of the 1200 North Central Avenue, allegedly gave a similar explanation after he was arrested with a handgun near his home. "He said he had the gun because he wanted to celebrate Obama becoming the first black president," Scaduto said.

Kenneth Smith, 24, of the 6700 block of South Ada Street, was arrested after he allegedly fired a handgun outside his home. Smith, who is on parole for a previous weapons conviction, told authorities that "the police only arrested him because a black man won for president," Scaduto said.

Robert Morgan, 54, of the 5700 South Lowe Avenue, appeared to have simply been caught up in the excitement.

When officers arrested him for allegedly firing a handgun into the air from his back porch, "He told the officers, 'Everyone else is shooting off their guns--I figured, why not?'" Scaduto said."

13. perga1

perga1 Active Member

As long as our schools teach the leftist dribble common in the classroom these days we are in trouble. The young and minorities gave BHO this presidency and in 4 years we will have 4 more graduating classes out there voting with no real life experiences just the drivel they are fed in our public schools. JRM

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Fred, I too am a Marine born 9/11/42 so we are the same age. I am ( was) as upset as you are but I will never let them defeat me ( us) Hang in there

semper fi buddy

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I really fear that our Democracy died on Tuesday. I hear everyone hoping that Obama does not really believe the radical words that have come out of his mouth, that his radical associations are not the real measure of his character. That our system of government will force him into moderation. I take him at his word. I think he will continue to surround himself with radicals. I think he is as radical as he says. I see the government taking over more and more until by the end of his term in office we won't recognize our country anymore and our constitution will be trash. I think he really is a marxist.

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

And Plato was a political scientist? Seems he only had opinions, not hard fact. Be more optimistic. Keep your friends close and your adversaries closer. Demand accountability from your government.

And, a final thought, how do you think Plato would have voted on PROP. 8 in California??? (LOL)

Shoot well, shoot often.

17. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Fred,

I'm with you, man. I feel your pain. But, just what makes you believe that your vote actually got counted this time? Nothing, and I mean nothing, I witnessed this election cycle gives me any confidence that this election is creditable.

Joesph Stalin said it best,"the man who votes means little, the man that counts the vote means everything..."

Kip

18. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Fred, first of all, thank you for your service to this country. I have never served in the military, but isn't your creed "Semper Fi" - Always faithful.

I am not a person who believes in being faithful to a leader, if that leader is taking us down the wrong path. But, I do believe in being faithful to country, family and friends. Accordingly, if things go wrong under Obama wouldn't you see it as your duty to vote again, making the effort to vote for someone other than Obama for the benefit of your countrymen, family and friends? Anyway, I am betting you will vote again.

John Ertel

19. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Fred,

I too am very disappointed in the last presidents we have had. In this great nation of ours, I fail to understand just why we cannot attract the best of the best as a leader for the USA. I am afraid it may be to our demise that we cannot find good people to lead. This past election process, to me, was an antithesis to the idea of the Fairness Doctrine as applied to conservative talk radio.

More over, what the goons in the Mainstream Media fail utterly to understand that it is precisely the second amendment that guarantees the Constitution and ALL of the other amendments.

So Fred along with the disheartened others, please "do not go gently into that good night".

Semper Fi,

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.