1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I love these kind of news items!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by kiv-c, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

"Clerk Kills Would-Be Robber Who Grabbed Daughter

NAPLES, Fla. – Sheriff's officials in southwest Florida say a clerk at a 24-hour food store shot and killed a man who tried to rob her and take her 1-year-old daughter.

Store owner Del Ackerman told the Naples Daily News his granddaughter shot the man after he stormed into the store Tuesday afternoon and demanded money and grabbed the stroller that held her baby.

Authorities say 22-year-old Elizabeth Easterly was alone in the store with her 1- and 2-year-old daughters. Collier County Sheriff's spokesman Jamie Mosbach says the man was acting erratically before the incident.

Mosbach says the clerk shot the man as he headed toward the door with the child. He was taken to a hospital where he died of his injuries.

The sheriff's department is investigating."

I suppose Mrs. Keet would decry the fact that negotiations weren't attempted.

Kiv

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I don't love reading a story like that, but I don't object to what she did. She's lucky she didn't hit her child.

3. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Bang! Bang! Stop, or I'll shoot. Great shooting Elizabeth. Wonder if she was shooting Hollow-points or Silver-tips?

As the old song says, Another one bites the dust!

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Why would she have hit her child when she was aiming......say 2 or so feet above her child(the kid was in a stroller)?...........why would you even go down that alley? An extremely pessimistic way of thinking to say the least.I for one am very proud of the mother for gaurding her family,and keeping them safe,by whatever means necessary.

D.P.Reynolds

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Excellent.

Sometimes the only way to learn not to mess with other people is that they kill you.

HM

6. The Stive

The Stive Member

That will learn him not mess with a pistol packin Mama. John

7. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

He won't ever be a repeat offender. Good for the clerk. Larry

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Now that's a "feel good" story anyone can relish :)

-Gary

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    mrskeet410, quote: <i>"I don't love reading a story like that, but I don't object to what she did. She's lucky she didn't hit her child."</i>

Nailed you hard this time.

Only an anti-gunner would say something like that, because anti-gunners doubt their own abilities with a firearm, so they project it onto other people.

Quite the fake "I'm a skeet shooter" facade you're using to "be one of the guys" so you can justify spewing your liberal misinformation here.

10. berta686

berta686 TS Member

Just look at how much money a 1.00 bullet saved the tax payers in flo.GOOD SHOOTING Neil McClain

11. psfive

psfive Member

mrskeet410

Please LEAVE this fourm now and do not return! Paul in Nebraska.

12. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I agree with jberettr686 GOOD MONEY SAVING SHOT!!

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

A later article on this at link. Nothing in this article about the perp grabbing the child.

14. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

The plot thickens -

"NAPLES — A shooting at a landmark East Naples corner store that left a man dead Tuesday may not have been triggered by a robbery after all.

Daniel Ramont Hernandez, 32, of the 15600 block of Summit Place Circle, Golden Gate Estates, was "behaving erratically" when he was shot by Elizabeth Easterly, 22, a clerk at Del's 24 Hour Food Store around 3 p.m. Tuesday, according to a statement from the Collier County Sheriff's Office.

"We don't have any information about any kind of robbery," Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Jamie Mosbach said...

...According to the Sheriff's Office, Easterly shot Hernandez in the leg before he grabbed the stroller, not after."

15. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

dont' screw w/ a mother and her kids

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.