1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I LOST MY BEST FRIEND TODAY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Big Dave, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Sir Winston

Newfoundland

Born June 26, 1999

Died today August 19, 2009

I am devastated.

a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=winston003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Many are here who share your pain Dave. I'm sorry for your loss. Doug

3. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Big Dave- my heartfelt condolences. I have been through it twice. The passing of you buddy rips your heart out. Take my advice and get yourself another soon. You will never forget Sir Winston, but directing your love and attention towards another pup will make the grieving process easier to bear. My thoughts are with you these next days.

4. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

My condolences. I know I only have a few years left w/ my Angel. Dan

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's tough. I know.

6. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

All dogs go to heaven you will meet again

7. Joe McGorman

Joe McGorman TS Member

My sympathies BigDave, I lost my buddy about a year and a half ago. Took over a month before I could even mention his name without getting a frog in my throat. Got another one about 6 months after and it helped but still did not replace my old boy. God bless. Joe McGorman

8. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Sorry for your loss. We have Newfies also 2 Lanseers if you need some help finding a breeder sometime drop me a line we know some as we show our dogs and its a small community.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

So sorry Dave...hang in there with the knowledge he had a great life full of love

10. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

Good thoughts your way.

11. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss Dave. puablo

12. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Big Dave, I feel your grief. One day before Christmas, this past year, our 14 year old lab female, named Berry, died. My son and I chisled thru the Iowa frost and dug her grave. Every shovel full of dirt was full of our tears. To this day, when I run the mower over her grave, I still think of her. However, will there be animals in heaven? I think so. First, animals populated the Garden of Eden. So, there is a precedent for believing that animals will populate Eden Restored as well. Animals are among God's most creative creations. So, it would seem incredible that He would banish such wonders in heaven. I really believe that if God resurrected our pets it would be in keeping with His overwhelming grace and goodness. And, the Scriptures from first to last suggest that animals have souls. One thing is certain: Scripture provides us with sufficient precedence for believing that animals will inhabit the new heaven and new earth. In the words of Isaiah: "The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and yearling together; and a little child will lead them" Isaiah 11:6

13. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

14. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Dave, sorry for your loss.....try and remember the good times!

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dave, all of us dog lovers are so sorry to hear this and feel your heartfelt pain. For the amount of unconditional love dogs give us, their lives are cut way to short, way too soon. Remember the good memories you and Sir Winston shared while he was here and I'm sure he'd want you to share the same with another too, that's the way our buddies are. Hap

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry for your loss- and I know how hard that can be-

They do find a way into our feelings and hearts

Gene

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Sorry for your loss but you and Sir Winston will meet again ... Heart felt Condolances ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. DONNE

DONNE Member

"If there are no dogs in Heaven , Then when I die I want to go where they went". Will Rogers....
    I'm with him ....
    Sorry for your loss

19. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Hi Dave:

I had a white German Shepard I called "Sugar". She was my faithful companion for 14 years. At her passing, we morned 6 months. Because so many of our shooting frreids brought black labs to the shoots, we decided to get one. Now our life will never be the same, we now have Raven, a female black lab & we love one another!

later,
    Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

20. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Dave - I think I know exactly how you feel, we recently lost our yellow lab, Lord Wellington, at just a couple of weeks under 10 years. What an honor it was to have him in our lives, and what a difficult loss. 10 years is just too short ... it's not fair. Sir Winston looks like an awesome dog, it's funny how much you can tell with just a picture. Below is one of my favorite tributes ... and I think I found it here on 'Trapshooters'.
    "I talk to him when I'm lonesome like,
    and I'm sure he understands.
    When he looks at me so attentively,
    and gently licks my hands;
    Then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes,
    but I never say naught thereat,
    For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes,
    but never a friend like that!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.