Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I LOST MY BEST FRIEND TODAY OF 6YRS

4K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  Luckyman 
#1 ·
As many of you know I'm a big bird hunter and my English setter 9yrs old {Pete} was killed today by a truck when I let him out to go pee. We get so attached to our pets and it is sooooooooooooooo hard for me to let him go, but I know that he is in a much better place now and not feeling the pain of his authorities and being weak from his age, it is going to take a long time to get over my love I had for him.

lee

See less See more
#3 ·
So sorry,those of us who have bird dogs for any length of time know what you're going thru--no matter how many you've lost the pain never gets any easier.It took me over 10 years to get another one after my last one died and sometimes I call my new one by the old one's name. People who don't respect your grief over a pet are not people I want around me--again you have my heartfelt sympathies and I wish you peace.

#11 ·
I understand your pain. The last buddy I lost was 9 years ago. It took two years to get another. The one I have now is 7 but I still remember the one before him and the one before that and before that. Alot of memories are there with each and the special moments in areas that I still frequent. You won't forget Pete and the many special moments he shared with you. As long as you can remember he will be there on each outing still sharing the moment :) Its sad when they are gone physically but they are still with you in spirit. Keep hunting so Pete can.

#18 ·
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

#19 ·
I want to thank everyone for the kind words in a time when you need them the most. I got Pete about 6yrs ago and he had been abused it took me several weeks or more for him to trust me, but when when I gained his trust there was no doubt that I was his master and he would do anything to please me.Looking back he trained me he already had the smarts. I live on 3/4 ac and about 300yrds from the road, the hole time I have had him he has been here loose and I would let him come in at night and I would let him out and he would make his rounds around the property and for some reason he went to the road, he was blind in one eye from blasto that almost killed him 3yrs ago and prosthesis this last yr all in all I spent over 3000 to save his life and would do it several more times with out a blink. I will miss him but he is in a better place.

thanks
lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.