1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"I lost my A__ in the wind market..."

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Looks like ANOTHER green failure,,,,,it is just not cost effective yet....

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Don't worry the anointed one won't listen to anybody that doesn't agree with him

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

There is no future in wind power, the government gives out huge incentives to put up wind mills, that is the only reason they are being built. The local university did a study on wind power,the wind mills cannot pay for themselves.The university also said Solar power is the most cost efective.Joe

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

we have a shi*load of them here in idaho

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

We're going to have a pile of them in the east also. Trapshooterjoe is correct, it's the subsidy that gets them built. Who pays that I wonder.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

We have a boatload of windmills here in Iowa also with more to come. But lets face it, when (if) these die out there will be something else to replace them.

Just wondering, if there were no improvements in the world including failures where would we be now? Burning Whale oil lamps. People thought that was a resource that would last forever. How about living in caves, there are millions of them.

Oops, been there, done that!!

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Lou, you wouldn't believe it if you came back here and drove Hwy. 30 east toward Van Wert. Hundreds and hundreds of those things, far as the eye can see. Remember how flat the land is over there?

Wayne

8. Portigee Duckman

Portigee Duckman TS Member

Our local power company put up enough wind-mills to cover a mountain top up
    in Washington State so ,they have raised our rate up 22 cents a kw/hr to off-set thier cost . Who's Paying for it , I know !

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Last summer I went back to my home town in NW Iowa and went by hundreds if not thousand of them on the way up there, and only about 10% were spinning

When I got to my HS reunion, I was talking to one of my old classmates who I found out was in the energy sales business, and asked him why all of them weren't running, there was plenty of wind, he said that even with the subsidy it was still the highest priced way to generate electricity

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

lts,,,,improvements are one thing and most of the innovations are done in the private sector,,,,,wouldn't it have been just as telling if they had done these in 2-5 areas of the country to SEE if it worked and was cost effective without just throwing money at it and just hoping???

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

GE is getting out of the wind power business because of their study of cost . But they still build the powerplant for the windmills. More money . in dumbasses than being a dumbass.

12. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Rube Goldberg was a Democrat.

Kip

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

70 year payback.

14. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Missed opportunity at a good pun in the title:

"I got my A__ blown away in the wind market..."

Danny