1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I like my New Krieghoff KX-6

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by magic, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magic

magic Member

OK,

There has been alot of KX-6 bashing on here and I want to set the record straight. I have one of the new KX-6's, in fact the first one in the country. They shipped it to me last week. This is a great gun for the money. I was too, put off at first by the pictures, but once you get the gun in your hands it feels sweet. I agree it is not highly polished out blueing, but then again this is a purpose built shotgun and is made to perform. Its finish seems to me to be very similar to what Blaser is doing to the F3. The wood shape is a bit odd, but feels great in your hands. The gun feels light and well balanced. I assumed the weight would be an issue but once I shot it, that all went way. It is very soft and comfortable. The wood has grain enhancement of some sorts and it makes the wood look of a higher grade than it is. A nice addition, is an already fit Kick-EEZ pad. No more rushing your new gun out to remove the tank tread hard pad that has been a staple on new guns for all these years. The trigger is very crisp (as per K80) and even shares the same trigger shoe as the K80. I shoot a trap special top single and the rib looks similar if not identical (haven't held them up together yet). In fact when I mount the gun I really can't tell the difference. For me this will be my gun to carry with me to shoot leagues and what not this winter. Leaving the high grade K80 TS in the safe. I like the cocking on opening of the action, not the top lever. I used to have a KS-5 and it would wear your thumb out after just a 100 rounds. This is no longer an issue. The receiver is very low profile and looks alot like a KS/KX-5 only slimmer. There is a toggle link style cocking rod that is visable in the base of the reciever. The ejector is of a totally different design and I like the way it looks and functions. The KX-6 shares the top button forend release of the KX-5, this is a much better design as to not burn your hand on a hot day (as per KS-5). All in all a great gun. My only dissapointment is in the case. I am a fan of the Americase but this gun comes in a foam insert soft sided case. Now, I like having the case it comes with as it will be nice and light (10lbs to carry, gun and all) but it has no use on an airplane. I hope they offer an Americase option with the new KX-6 logo inside so the buyer can decide to upgrade if he chooses. Now, back to everyone bashing the fit and finish on the gun. Its a $5k shotgun. If you want polished blueing and nice engraving save $15k+ and buy the K80. Labor is expensive and this is a gun built for the working man. If you want a no nonsense shotgun, that is going to break targets for you over and over again for years, that won't break the bank, that feels good and shoots better, you found your gun.

And before it is asked, no I don't work for Krieghoff, I bought my new gun, and this is just my honest opinion.

JASON SHEEHY

99-11142

Cap6303 thanked this.
  2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Jason:
    Very nice informative review.
    Steve Balistreri

3. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Could you please post some photos. Have only seen the photo shop ones so far. Very interested in the stock and receiver...

thanks

Jeff Graupp

4. magic

magic Member

Jeff,

I'll lay it out later and snap a bunch of photos. My wife is wanting me to put a belt back on the lawn mower, so I better go do it. If I don't she'll make me mow the yard. BTW....I don't mow.

JASON

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The gun looks much nicer than it does in those photos that were posted here. I know a man who shot one in Germany last spring and he was very impressed with it, both in terms of appearance and "feel." The photos he took of it showed the gun off much better.

If $4,990 really is the retail price, that's a bit higher than I was told the gun would be sold for.

Ed

6. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Good Luck with your new KX-6. Sorry to say it's not in my price range yet.

Harry

7. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

8. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

It say it right on Jaquas home page of their website, $4990.00 with the price to rise in 2012.
    Doug Allison

9. magic

magic Member

Sorry guys...still haven't found the time to snap pictures. Yea the price on the first shipment is 4990. and the ones coming in 2012 are more like $5500.

JASON

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I bet they change there plans, just like they did with the KX-5's

11. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

Looks like a BLASER???

12. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Nice photos from Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=244124689

[​IMG]

13. magic

magic Member

Still no time for pics but looks like KI has posted some....click the link above

14. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

What does this do the value of the predecessor guns (KS-5 KX-5 , K32?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
kregihoff kx 6
kreighoff kx 6 pictures
kreighoff kx-6
krieghoff kx 6 left hand
krieghoff kx 6 opinions

krieghoff kx 6 review

krieghoff kx-6 photos
krieghoff kx-6 reviews