1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I like my Hastings Hi Rib Trap Barrel. Do YOU?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skarloey, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

I am having a great time turning targets into fine dust with my brand new, beautifully crafted, delightful to look at, Hastings Hi Rib Trap barrel. I am using the full choke tube for everything, shooting on an 1100 Classic Trap. I didn't raise the comb or nothin'. Just curious what other folks might have to say about this barrel, pro or con. Thanks and ALL GOOD!!

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Never saw your barrel.......can't say whether I like it or not! :-{

3. shaner

shaner Member

i had one a few years back and as you say they do grind up clays , i had no complains with them ,

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I turn them in to dust with my 1100 trap that is stock form 1972. when I hit them

5. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Yes, I know, I know... So......
    1) I am asking how YOU like YOUR Hastings Hi Rib Trap Barrel,

and

2) When I say it turns targets to dust I mean I am shooting the targets not using the barrel as a club.

Additionally I have shot some older 1100's and they too are very nice. I am a fan of the fixed choke step rib trap barrels. I think the extra weight of the Hastings barrel has helped me smooth out my swing a bit.

ALL GOOD!!

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Gotta love it if your smokin' 'em!

AndyH ;-)

[​IMG]

7. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

The only compalint I have is not with the Barrel. Their customer service is lousy,in fact their preident blocked my e-mails. It was only through Johnny of Shotgun Sports effort,that the company would even answer me. I am having a severe health problem & my right(I am right handed) humerus is all stainless steel & I have bolts,screws, & wired hooking it up to my shoulder. The complaint is it's 1 pound heavier than the light classic barrel that comes with the 1100. Barrel,when I do my part,crushes the targets with the full choke. I bought an imrpoved modified choke, & don't like it as well. However, I may have thought with the larger pattern, I would have picked up a target or two. Again, not the barrel's fault. Other than their customer service,I would recommend it.

8. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Obviously the heavier barrel is not for everyone. Best wishes and ALL GOOD to you JJJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.