1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I know, i know........

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by neofight, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

... it's no big deal for you big dogs and guys who break 'em all regularly, but i finally broke 25 last Sun. and again this morning. (applause, cheers, much fan fare and accolades). I've only been shooting since March this year, trying to wear out a Browning XT and i feel like i crossed a small threshhold. Thanks for letting me puff up my manly chest and bloviate for a bit.

My shooting partner suggested i trash the old Wayfarer sunglasses in favor of some decent shooting glasses if i wanted to improve my scores. If only Obama had given me that 2% cola or my S.S check.

As the morning wore on, i caved in and ended up with my usual dismal scores of 22, 22, 23. .......Sigh!!!!

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nice job....Next is 50..Then 75 and .....Good job. Keep it up.---Matt

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

kudos & congrats!

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

good job, i always credited my scores going up early from the purchase of shooting glasses. mark crist

5. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

good job!

6. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

Congrats!! I remember when I busted my first 25. It was only a couple of months ago. It feels great! 50 is right around the corner for you. I busted mine 2 weeks ago :) Woohoo!! This sport is so addicting.

7. TC

TC TS Member

Congratulations, that is great. Tony

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Now your cookin'

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

hey, congratulations! That's a big (not small) accomplishment.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The right color lenses are a big, big, help, you need to look through some to find the best color for you, some shooters are COLOR BLIND in certain colors. I have 8 shades of Rx lenses to choose from. And they do help a lot.

Gary Bryant

11. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Congratulations, your doing a very good job. Years ago I had a long run going in ATA 16 yard. At that time you could write into Federal ammunition and they would make you a patch with the run amount. I was fairly new to the game at that time and that patch was something I wore with pride. Soon after I got the patch sew on my Bob Allen shooting vest. I was walking up and down the line in almost 100 degree heat at the Wisconsin state shoot that year, showing off. When my squad got called for the Saturday 200 target event, I was sure I would win. There were two kids on the squad, a brother and sister around the age of 13 or 14 years old. Now remember, I had a long run going, and I was just a few hours away of winning the Wisconsin 16 yard championship. I called for the bird and I hear the puller call"LOST". i COULD NOT BELIEVE i MISSED THE FIRST TARGET OUT. I call again, and I hear the same thing. I call again, and hear the same thing again. I looked down to see if I picked up the wrong gun, and to my amazement it was my gun. I missed the first three targets out. I shot terrible and the magic from the previous few weeks was obviously gone. Those two kids both beat me that day. Shooting has so many variables, things like this happen. After 40 years of shooting I realized at best , I was a below average shooter. Clint Eastwood the actor once said in a movie, "a man has to know his limitations". Well, over the years I found out what mine were, and it was shooting. I have now spent $378,000.00 in this sport, won $884.60. I now realize that shooting is more than good scores. Most of my friends are in the shooting sports, and it has been a good run, expensive but good. Good luck to you, enjoy the good days, and realize because we are not professionals, bad days happen. Don't dwell on bad scores, 'BURY THE DOG" as they say and move on. Scores are only as good as your next event.
    Good luck to you,
    Steve Balistreri

12. neofight

neofight TS Member

Great story, Mr. B. In my almost 69 years on planet Earth, i have learned to accept my defeats and failures. I don't have a vision of ever taking the money. It could happen, just as it is entirely possible, under the right circumstances, that my dog Milo could play my guitar.

I enjoy many aspects to this new-to-me sport, the drive along the coast to the club, the anticipation of bettering my score, defeating the constant wind by breaking dancing clays, the smell of powder and the re-cap of the morning as we wind it down and head home with sandwich in hand.

I took this seriously enough to ask my wife to join me in shooting, which she has and i got into re-loading as well. I enjoy the challenge of learning new things. This, along with hang gliding has been on my "bucket list" for some time. I seem to be doing well and having a great time with trap, not so much with the hang gliders( really, my shoulders will be fine once i get out of traction). I don't get all bent out of shape when i have a bad shoot, i try to understand what i did or did not do. There is little i grouse about, just want to have some fun while i am able to. $378,000 eh? Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

Congratulations! Keep up the good work and it will get easier over time. Just remember to slow down and do the same thing when you are running good scores. All the best.

J.F.

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Congrats neo, it took a long time for me to break 25 straight. Felt like I cleared a hurdle. I have broken a 50 straight also, but I'm stuck there for the moment and still shooting average. The great thing is you know you are capable of breaking straights. You just have to put it all together more often. Good luck on your next straight. You have the capability!!!!!!!!!! So go ahead and puff out your chest like a steroid enriched chicken, you've earned it. :)

John E.

15. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Cool...................Smoke em all!
    D.P.Reynolds

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

That's great shooting guy! I also like your attitude toward the game a lot!

The next target you call out is the most important one you'll ever see and break! The main event is one target at a time and that's the next one out!!

Congratulations on your fine shooting, higher tallies are just around the corner for you!

Hap

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

When you look at 100 straight.. If you think you can.. or you think you can't.. You're right.. It's all very simple.. How bad do you want it..???? If you want it bad enough..you will earn your way.. If it's just a passave dream.. in your dreams you'll get there.. Choice is yours.. Keep up the good work.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.