1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thats kick ass!!!

Kind of a modern day Urban Cowboy meets Rambo. :)

<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>

I'm joking. That is ridiculous. To each his own though.

3. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Sort of like Model 94 Meets the Borg.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Remember ...a 30-30 is about the same power as a 7.62x39!

Any bets that they sell like hot cakes?

5. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Thats just wrong ;o( Jerry

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

They are just supplying whats in demand. As for me, give me a heavy barrel varmint gun and these urban cowboys won't get within 300 yards lol

7. Bushmaster1313

At a cost of about $500, the walnut and steel version looks like a winner

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brian,

I think its designed for that Mall Ninja Security guy from "Shrine of the Mall Ninja" you shared with us awhile back. I think his name was "Gecko". I'm certain he has one in his security cart. LOL

9. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Wait till you the new Henry's (I hope not) LOL

10. Bushmaster1313

Isn't there some sort of regulation prohibiting the posting of obscene material where children might see it?

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Trust Mossberg to screw up a classic....what a joke...

12. Brian in Oregon

The ONLY thing useful on that lever action to me is the threaded barrel.

I'm in the process of filing the federal paperwork for a .30 cal suppressor. I'm tempted to thread one of my 30-30s for it. Maxim used to sell suppressors for 30-30 lever guns 100 years ago.

But the CAR stock madness.... When will it end? There are even CAR stocks for NEF single shots.

13. ky4some

ky4some Member

That's a disgrace to every lever action 30-30 that's ever been taken into the deer woods.

Mike Kamer

14. Brian in Oregon

Ram Line made, and maybe still makes, black synthetic stocks for Winchester 94s. They were great for wet Pacific Northwest weather. The stocks were otherwise the same as wood stocks. I think they made them for Marlins at one time too. Was hoping they'd make a set to fit the Marlin 1895.

I suppose the new Mossberg might appeal to those who cannot get a semi-auto tactical rifle in their state or locality. I guess I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to lever guns.

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

And ya wonder why arm's company's are in finical trouble.

16. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

Blaspheme

them people gonna burn in gun hell

17. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

When those Whitetails show up you have to be able to defend yourself!...Uncle Sam, Pa.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I always kmew I was different. I thought it looks kind of neat. I don't think my Henry or Winchesters would object to sharing the gun safe with it or maybe I would just put it under the bed, doesn't look like you could hurt it. Besides 00 ruins the plaster and woodwork in the house where 30 cal only puts small hole after it goes through target, that can be repaired easily.

Don

19. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

20. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

It is a whole different generation men. I work part time in a local gun store/range. That robocop lever action has been asked for at least 50 times. All this "tactical" crap has a huge following. If I had a wall of mint condition "F" grade and custom shop winchesters, Rem Wingmasters, every rifle Roy Weatherby ever built, as well as my cases full of Pythons, Gold cups, etc, we would never sell much. Fill the cases with glocks, plastic springfields, Plastic Smith and Wesssons, junk AK look alikes or any other ridiculously priced stamped steet metal 3rd world army rifles, anything "tactical" and the credit card scanners run non stop. These kids shot LOTS of rounds, they just really don't bother with aiming. Most are happy with hitting a full sized silhouette at 25 yards with a rifle. For pistols they shoot at 3 or 5 yards on a target where the black is 7 inches. They think noise equals shooting. I slip back into the range and shoot 3 inch groups at 25 yards with a handgun and quarter sized groups offhand with a smallbore rifle, not even good enough to make it in novice classes of competition. I try to broaden their view a little and show them it can be done. They respond that my shooting style looks boring and they want to have fun. I never knew it was fun to miss. So much for trying to make them into marksmen. I think all the years of rapid fire video games has them trigger happy. We give a discount to military and reservists, so they show me their ID's before they use the range. Most of the military guys are not much better. (there are exceptions, we have some older military men that are fine shots, and a few college pistol team shooters who are great also) There is something that they commonly do called a "MAG DUMP". They load every mag they own and shoot the gun as fast as they can until the ammo is gone. If the firearm does not malfunction, they feel like they accomplished something. Every box of ammo has $1.30 to $2.90 profit in it, so blast away boys, the boss has bills to pay.

If we had 50 of those ugly lever guns, I would have 40 of them sold by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.