1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I just purchased 2 new Fabarms XLR5s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I just purchased 2 new Fabarms XLR5s one Black 30"in Bbl and a Silver 32"inch Bbl Model, I am awaiting arrival on, I have the Black Trigger assy and gun at Gunsmith installing a Relese trigger.

I will have it in training as soon as I get it back, I did try it w/pull trigger and was amazed at lack of recoil, it is extremely soft shooting.

One thing I was amazed at is the Barrell is tapered from forcing cone to start of choke, and the approx 3.5inch Long Parabolic Choke tubes.

First thing I did was install the extreme range tube in it. Have not done any patterning with it yet, but will do so when I get the gun back.

This style of barrell taper is similiar to the Model 12s of yester year. And the Parabolic chokes are unique in design.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Is this the new whupazz gun for the Ohio State Grudge match? But why 2, are you expecting them to break down?

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good thing you don't reload.

4. Dr.Longshot

I wanted the option of the different Bbl lengths, and possibility my grandson may want to shhot one of them, one will have a pulltrigger.

A grand slam for me is outta the question even if they threw straightaways at my age.

I don't even have the 100 straight on doubles, I have always been a handicap shooter.

I could care less about singles anymore even though I have several 200s on them.

I love buddy shoots, Annies, Miss & Outs, 5 from anywhere, follow the leader.

I just got a fresh Jug of Longshot Powder and just loaded a few.

I liked the adjustable rib on a factory Automatic, I believe they are the only factory ones being made at this time.

Winter is coming and needed something to play with.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. 338reddog

338reddog Member

Haven't shot one yet but the one I brought to my shoulder felt really nice.

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Gary, if you ever come to TEXAS, we'll play some of those games. Got a hangover shoot planned for New Years Day. 5.00 intry with 3 to shooter and 2 to house. start bout 10 and go till nobody wants to shoot anymore. We do mostly Annies and budys. Draw for buddy keeps the field fair for everybody. Annies are 5.00 includes entry and 2 buy backs. always lots of fun. sometimes have the guys from kansas and always guys from Oklahoma geting in on the fun. If you have a hankering this way first of year gimme a shout.

Bob

7. Dr.Longshot

TEXASZEPHYR I wish we had more of those games around here, I would sure like to attend a fgew of those shoots, you guys seem to know what shooters like to shoot.

Gary Bryant
    DR.longshot

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Local gun store just got one in, I shouldered it and it feels front end heavy to me?? Does anyone make a shell catcher for these yet? His price was $2300

9. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lou, I bought a 30" from Bob Schultz (great guy to work with). I went with the 30" because I thought they felt front heavy also. Without the weighted caps on the front, it was still front heavy. I filled the stock cavity around the supplied recoil reducer with shot & it balances out real nice. Everyone who has shouldered or shot it really like the way it comes up. Won't replace my K80, but it sure is nice to shoot. Harv

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx Harv. Are shell catchers available

11. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

The only one I know of right now is the Birchwood Casey Sav-It. Pain in the butt to get adjusted right, works probably 80% of the time so far, so 20% of the time I'm bending over picking up those papers, lol. Still adjusting. Fabarms is supposed to come out with one. Harv

12. Dr.Longshot

As far as I know no one has a shell catcher for it yet, I think if a guy cut a piece of plastic the length of a TS Shell catcher and put double backed tape on it and positioned it properly it would work, will try it when I get the gun back, I hope in time to shoot the big buddy shoot at Tri-City Gun Club in Alexandria Kentucky.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.